The Best Memory Cards for the Samsung Galaxy S
HOLD UP! You are definitely in the right place if you are on the hunt for, or trying to get really great deals on the Samsung Galaxy S Memory Card. You are going to be able to find everything you need to know about these cards right here. It is also the best place to save yourself some money.
If you want to save money and know exactly what memory card you are looking for, then you Begin Your Search Right Here!
Samsung Galaxy S Memory Card Types
The Samsung Galaxy S has the ability to use 2 different types of memory card types. The information below will look at the different kinds that can be used in the phone.
- Micro SD – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of movies, music, video and pictures.
- Micro SDHC– This memory card that can hold up to 32GB of movies, music, video and pictures.
Many people seem to be confused when it comes to the differences between MicroSD and MicroSDHC cards. These memory cards are essentially the same thing, as they have the same shape and size. The real difference between the two is that they have different maximum storage capacities.
Micro SD cards can hold up to 4GB worth of movies, music, video and pictures.
Micro SDHC cards can hold up to 32GB worth of movies, music, video and pictures.
Other Vital Memory Card Information
When buying memory cards, you should be aware that they have different speed ratings. Cards are broken down into categories such as Class 2, 4, 6 and 10. Those classes are there to indicate how fast the memory card is. This means, how quickly data can be read/written to the card.
- Class 2 – Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. (Slowest)
- Class 4 – Minimum of 4 MB/s performance. (Average)
- Class 6 – Minimum of 6 MB/s performance. (Above Average)
- Class 10 – Minimum of 10 MB/s performance. (Fastest)
When having a look for memory cards for the Samsung Galaxy S, you should be aware that any speed class will work. The big advantage with the slower memory cards is the price. There is a downside to the slower cards and you can definitely see it when you are transferring data to and from your laptop/computer. Transfer speeds can be slow, especially if you are moving a good deal of data.
Do I Need a Memory Card for My Samsung Galaxy S?
When you buy the Galaxy S, it will usually be packaged with a memory card. Smaller capacity memory cards are usually packaged with the phone. If you plan on using all the multimedia options of the fun and will be playing music and watching movies, then you really need one of those bigger storage cards. 8GB, 16GB and 32GB cards should be considered as they are the best value for money.
What Size Samsung Galaxy S Micro SD/SDHC Card Should I Get?
The Galaxy S has many options when it comes to memory cards. People always ask us what size memory card they should buy and I always state that the size you get is dependent on what you plan on using the phone to do. There are different memory card sizes out there. 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB are the sizes to choose from.
If you plan on maximizing the Samsung Galaxy S and will be storing a lot of data, then you need to have a look on the 8GB, 16GB or 32GB cards. There should be no problem with space, as these cards have so much. I always say go for the bigger capacity cards, simply because devices demand for memory keeps going up every year. Sooner or later, the small capacity cards are going to be obsolete.
How Much Data Can Hold on a Samsung Galaxy S Memory Card?
Now that we have gotten the technical mumbo jumbo out of the way, now it is really a good time for you to find out how much data can be stored on the Samsung Galaxy S memory card.
**The table I have below is there to give you a visual as it relates to the storage space for these different memory cards. The data sizes were all done using ESTIMATES. Memory cards will hold more or less, it really depends on different factors.
Best Micro SD/SDHC Memory Card for the Samsung Galaxy S
- For those of you who want one the best memory card options for the Samsun Galaxy S, then get the Sandisk 32GB MicroSDHC. This is by far one of the most popular memory cards for mobile phones today. You get ridiculous amount of storage space, which means you can save all your pictures, movies, videos and music with no problems. You do not have to worry about the quality of the card, as SanDisk has a reputation for making really great products. The one negative to this specific card, is that it does not come with a SD Adapter. If you want a card that comes with a SD Adapter, then look at this 32GB Sandisk Card.
- Another good memory card option for the Galaxy S is the Transcend 32GB MicroSDHC. This is a quality card just like the SanDisk, so you will not have to worry about the performance. You will get ample storage space and if you plan on using the Galaxy S heavily, then this is a really good option. If you really want a 32GB card, this is really one of the better options out there. What else I like about this card is that it comes with the SD Adapter packaged.
- At #3, our next memory card option for the Samsung Galaxy S is the 16GB Transcend MicroSDHC. I really like this card, simply because it has a lot of storage space and the price is something that the pocket will like. If you have a lot of movies and music, this card will be able to store all of them with no issues.
- The 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC Card is another good memory card option for the Samsung Galaxy S. the 16 GB card does not cost a lot of money and he will also be getting a lot of storage space. If you’re going to be saving a lot of music or movies to the phone, then this is definitely a card to consider.
**If you have an interest in some of the smaller card sizes such as 1GB, 2GB, 4GB and 8GB. Then you can get them for a really low price @Amazon.com
If you do end up getting a MicroSDHC card, you need to check to see if your computer will be able to read it. Many of the older computers/laptops have SD card readers and as such, they will not be able to read no MicroSDHC card. If this is a problem that you’re facing, the solution is simple. You can get yourself an external memory card reader that will be able to read SDHC cards. They do not cost much money and can be had for less than $15. If interested Click Here to get yours now.
3 thoughts on “Samsung Galaxy S Micro SD Memory Card”
Good one Can we also make use of these memory cards in the Digital Camera’s?
Can any body help me out for the price at india on the same model?
The MicroSD and MicroSDHC cards can be used in the SD slots for digital cameras, once you plug them into the SD adapter.
The Class 4, 6 and 10 will be able to work perfectly in the Galaxy S. The only reason I suggested the SanDisk is the fact that it is pretty cheap and the faster cards won’t make a difference in some phones.