The Best Memory Card Choices for the Samsung Fascinate
WAIT ONE MINUTE! If you are looking for really good deals or even more information on Samsung Fascinate memory cards, then you are definitely in the right place. You will be able to get all the information you need, as well as access to some of the lowest prices for memory cards right here.
For those of you who know the type of memory card that you need and just want to get the low prices, then you can Start Saving Money Right Here!
Samsung Fascinate Memory Card Types
The Samsung Fascinate will be able to use 2 different types of memory card types. The information found below will have a look at the many different types that can be used in the phone.
● Micro SD – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of movies, music, video and pictures.
● Micro SDHC– This memory card that can hold up to 32GB of movies, music, video and pictures.
One of the questions that we get a lot of relates to the main differences between MicroSD and MicroSDHC cards. When it boils down to it, these cards are essentially the same. They will have the same size and shape. The main difference between the two is that they both have different maximum storage space.
Micro SD cards can hold up to 4GB worth of movies, music, video and pictures.
Micro SDHC cards can hold up to 32GB worth of movies, music, video and pictures.
Other Vital Memory Card Information
One thing you should be aware of when buying memory cards, is that they all have different speed ratings. These memory cards belong to different categories such as Class 2, 4, 6 and 10. The classes are there to indicate the speed at which data can be read/written to the memory cards.
● Class 2 – Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. (Slowest)
● Class 4 – Minimum of 4 MB/s performance. (Average)
● Class 6 – Minimum of 6 MB/s performance. (Above Average)
● Class 10 – Minimum of 10 MB/s performance. (Fastest)
The Samsung Fascinate will be able to use any speed Class of memory card. One of the main advantages of the slower cards is that they cost a lot less than the faster ones.
Do I Need a Memory Card for My Samsung Fascinate?
The Samsung Fascinate will usually ship with a small sized memory card. This card may be enough for some people, but if you are a person who uses their phone to do everything from listening to music, watching movies, taking pictures and video, then it is a good idea to get a bigger sized card.
What Size Samsung Fascinate Micro SD/SDHC Card Should I Get?
There are tons of of Micro SD and Micro SDHC memory card options for the Fascinate. The card size that you should get really depends on how you plan to use the phone. Memory Cards are available in 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB sizes.
If you think you will be using your phone to store alot of different data like music and pictures, then 8GB, 16GB and 32GB cards should be on your list. These cards will be able to store everything you need, with no problems. I always say get a bigger card, simply because you never know what you will need it for 1-2 years from now. It is always good to be ahead of the curve.
How Much Data Can Hold on a Samsung Fascinate Memory Card?
Now that we have explained all the technical mumbo-jumbo related to memory cards, it is now time for you to get some idea as to how much data can be stored on the different Samsung Fascinate Memory Cards.
**The data I used in the table were all based on real world ESTIMATES. The different memory card will be able to hold more or less data, depending on a variety of factors. The table is really there to give a visual as to the storage capacity of these cards.
Best Micro SD/SDHC Memory Card for the Samsung Fascinate
- A really great memory card to have for the Samsung Fascinate is the Sandisk 32GB MicroSDHC. The storage space that this card is able to provide, should be more than enough to call although move is, music, pictures and videos that you plan to store on your phone. This is a quality card that you can definitely tell, based off how popular it is.
- TheTranscend 32GB MicroSDHC is also another really good memory card that can be used in the Fascinate. Just like SanDisk, Transcend makes really amazing memory cards. With 32 GB of space, you won’t ever have to worry about filling this card up. One of the main advantages that this card has over the SanDisk we mentioned above, is that it comes packaged with a SDI adapter.
- My #3 pick is the 16GB Transcend MicroSDHC. The reason why I chose this card is that it is a high capacity card that is pretty inexpensive. There are many card options to choose from, but Transcend is one of the best memory companies. You will certainly be getting a quality memory card, that will be able to give you the storage space for all your data on the phone.
- If you want another good memory card for the Samsung Fascinate, then the16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC Card is a pretty nice option. What I love about this card, is the fact that you are able to get high-capacity storage, for a really low price. This particular card is a Class 2 and this should be ideal for your phone.
**for those of you who are looking at getting less expensive and smaller sized memory cards, then you need check out Amazon.com.
I am assuming that you will get a MicroSDHC card for your phone. If that is the case, you really need to check on your computer/laptop to ensure that it will be able to read this memory card format. A lot of them older laptops/computers have only SD card readers. Because of this, they will only be able to read SD and not SDHC. If you do find out that you have one of the older card readers, there is a simple solution to the problem. You can go and get a SDHC memory card reader and your problems will be solved. These card readers are not very expensive and they cost under $15. If have an interest, Click Here to get yours now.