Best Memory Cards for the Blackberry Torch 9800
Are you looking for a memory card for the Blackberry Torch 9800? Well you are definitely in the right place. If you are confused as to what memory card will work in the phone or what size you should get, then consider yourself lucky, as everything you need to know can be found right here.
If you know the type of memory card you want for the Torch and want to save some money, then click here to Start Saving Money Now!.
Blackberry Torch Memory Card Types
The Blackberry Torch has the ability to use 2 different types of memory cards. I am going to look at the ones that can be used in the phone below.
- Micro SD – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of pictures, video, music and movies.
- Micro SDHC– This memory card that can hold up to 32GB of pictures, video, music and movies.
People seem to be confused when it comes to the difference between MicroSD and MicroSDHC cards. To make things clearer, these cards are really the same thing as they have the same size, shape and physical dimensions. The big difference between the two is that they have different maximum storage capacities.
Micro SD cards can hold up to 4GB worth of pictures, video, music and movies.
Micro SDHC cards can hold up to 32GB worth of pictures, video, music and movies.
Other Vital Memory Card Information
Even though memory cards have different memory card sizes, they also are available in different speeds. There are 4 different types of speed ratings for memory cards. They are Class 2, 4, 6 and 10. The Speed Class Ratings are there to how the speed at which data can be written/read to the memory card.
- Class 2 – Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. (Slowest)
- Class 4 – Minimum of 4 MB/s performance. (Average)
- Class 6 – Minimum of 6 MB/s performance. (Above Average)
- Class 10 – Minimum of 10 MB/s performance. (Fastest)
If you want to know what class MicroSD/SDHC card is idea for the Torch, then any speed will work. A Class 2 card will work perfectly in the phone and it is the cheaper option. Slower cards have the benefit of costing less. The negative to the slower cards is that they are much slower at transferring data.
Do I Need a Memory Card for My Blackberry Torch?
The Blackberry Torch will come shipped a memory card, but it is usually one of the smaller sizes (1GB, 2GB, and 4GB). If you have to plans to fully make use the phone, then you are definitely going to need a bigger memory card. If you will be taking a lot of pictures and video or will be storing a lot of music, then you need to make plans to get a 8GB, 16GB or 32GB card.
What Size Blackberry Torch Micro SD/SDHC Card Should I Get?
There are so many different types of memory cards that can be used in the Torch. The size you should get really depends on how you plan to use the phone. Memory cards are available in different sizes such as 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB.
My recommendation would be to go for memory cards such as the 8GB, 16GB or 32GB. What I love about these cards is that they should have more than enough space to store all your data files with no problem.
How Much Data Can Hold on a Blackberry Torch Memory Card?
Now that we have gotten the technical stuff is out of the way, I can now show you how much data these memory cards can actually hold.
**The table is there to give a visual as to how much data can fit on the different sized memory cards. The data sizes are all ESTIMATED, all based off real world samples.
Best Micro SD/SDHC Memory Card for the Blackberry Torch
- The Sandisk 32GB MicroSDHC is really the best memory card option out there, when it comes to the Blackberry Torch. This is an amazing card and it will be in a position to provide all of the storage space you will need. SanDisk cards are some of the best quality memory cards on the market today, so you know you will be getting a good product. The one negative with this card is that it does not come with a SD adapter. If you want a 32GB with a SD adapter, then you need to have a look on this 32GB Sandisk Card.
- Our #2 card is the 32GB Transcend MicroSDHC. This is a really great storage option for the Torch, simply because it is able to hold so much data. Transcend cards are solid and you can be sure that you will be getting your money’s worth. This is definitely one of the best options out there for a card this size. Another great thing about this card is that it also comes with a SD Adapter.
- What bows in at #3 is the Transcend 16GB MicroSDHC. This card has considerable amount of storage space and the good thing about it is that it does not cost a lot of money. Even though not as big as the 32GB, you will still be able to hold all your data on their. This is a quality card, as Transcend is known to make quality products.
- When it comes to the Blackberry Torch, one of the cards that I like is the 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC Memory Card. This is an inexpensive storage device and it will be able to store all the data you will need on the phone. This is a Class 2 card and it should work perfectly in the Atrix. This is a quality card and you will not have to worry about performance issues.
**Smaller sized memory cards are available at really low prices. If you are interested, then check out the great selection that can be found at Amazon.com.
You should be aware that some of the older computers/laptops have SD card readers and this means that they will not be able to read SD cards. If you have an older reader, then your best option would be to buy a SDHC card reader. These devices do not cost a lot of money and you can get them for less than $15. Click Here to Get Your SDHC Reader.
1 thought on “Blackberry Torch 9800 Micro Sd Memory Card”
Your old camera (released in 2006) does NOT surppot high capacity (SDHC) memory cards you can only use SD cards with a capacity up to 2GB.Anyway you DON’T need a Class 10 card for your very basic, point and shoot camera, anyway. It only records VGA quality movies (640 480) so doesn’t need it. Class 4 or 6 is plenty good enough. Make sure you always format a brand new memory card before you use it the first time.