Best Memory Cards for the Tmobile MyTouch 3G Slide
For those of you who are looking to get really great deals, low prices or just more information on the Tmobile myTouch 3G Slide, then you have ended up on the right webpage. Everything that you need to know about this memory card can be found right here.
If you already know the type of memory card that you need for the phone and just want to get really low prices and amazing deals, then CLICK HERE TO SAVE NOW!
Tmobile MyTouch 3G Slide Memory Card Types
The Tmobile myTouch 3G Slide is able to use 2 different types of memory cards. I will go into detail below.
- Micro SD – This memory card format can hold up to 2GB of movies, pictures, videos and music.
- Micro SDHC– This memory card that can hold up to 32GB of movies, pictures, videos and music.
When it comes to the differences between MicroSD and MicroSDHC cards, it seems that there is some amount of confusion. In the grand scheme of things, these 2 memory cards are really the same thing. If you have a look at them, they are the same size, shape and also have the same physical dimensions. What separates the two of them from each other is that the both have different maximum storage capacities.
Micro SD cards can hold up to 2GB worth of movies, pictures, videos and music.
Micro SDHC cards can hold up to 32GB worth of movies, pictures, videos and music.
Other Vital Card Information
When it comes to memory cards, did you know they also are available in different speeds? The memory card speed rating is divided into 4 different classes. Memory cards come in a Class 2, 4, 6 and 10 and these ratings are there to indicate the speed at which data can be written/read to and from the card.
- Class 2 – Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. (Slowest)
- Class 4 – Minimum of 4 MB/s performance. (Average)
- Class 6 – Minimum of 6 MB/s performance. (Above Average)
- Class 10 – Minimum of 10 MB/s performance. (Fastest)
The Tmobile MyTouch 3G Slide has the ability to use a card with any speed rating. The SD Card Association is the best place to check out if you want more information on memory card speeds.
Do I Need a Memory Card for My Tmobile MyTouch 3G Slide?
When you purchase a MyTouch 3G Slide, this phone will usually come with a memory card. The memory cards are often small and they might not have enough space for someone who has plans to store a lot of data on the phone. If you are one of those people, then you really need to look into getting one of the bigger memory cards that are available for this device. The reason why having a big memory card is important, is that you will be able to hold a lot more data such as music, pictures and videos on the phone.
What Size myTouch Slide 3G Micro SD/SDHC Card Should I Get?
As it relates to the myTouch Slide 3G, there are so many different types of memory cards that will be able to be utilized in the phone. Sizes of the memory cards range from 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB
If you want our recommendation, then a high capacity memory card should be purchased for the MyTouch 3G. Card sizes such as the 8GB, 16GB or 32GB MicroSDHC will be able to provide all the storage space that is necessary to keep all your data like videos, pictures and music. Having a card this big, you will be able to store a lot of data, as it takes some time to fill up.
How Much Data Can Hold on a Tmobile MyTouch 3G Slide Memory Card?
I am sure you are really informed about the different memory card sizes, now I am going to show you how much these cards can hold.
**I did this table to show how much data can be stored on the various sized memory cards. The information is based on ESTIMATES, so the memory cards will be able to hold more or less. This will all depend on different factors.
Best Micro SD/SDHC for the Tmobile MyTouch 3G Slide
- The Tmobile MyTouch 3G Slide is a pretty amazing phone and by far, one of the best memory cards for it has to be the 32GB Sandisk MicroSDHC. This card is really awesome as it is able to deliver 32GB of storage space. With this amount of memory, you will be able to store all your data files from applications, music, pictures and video with no problems. The performance of the card is also top notch, as Sandisk has a reputation for making outstanding products. This card we have listed does not come with a SD adapter which kind of sucks. If you want a SD adapter with, then then this 32GB Sandisk Card should be check out.
- My #2 choice for the MyTouch 3G Slide is the 32GB Transcend MicroSDHC. This is the card to check out if you want excellent storage space for your phone. This 32GB card is able to deliver ample space to store all your data from music, videos, movies and pictures. The performance of the card is also top notch and this is an additional plus.
- An inexpensive, yet ample storage memory card is the 16GB Transcend MicroSDHC. This card is able to deliver the storage space that is necessary for anyone who fully utilizes their phone. The big selling point is that it gives excellent storage, but it is also does not cost a lot of money. There is a reason why this card is so popular and it is by far one of the most in-demand memory cards on the market today.
- The 16GB SanDisk MicroSDHC Card is really an excellent choice for anyone who is looking to increase the amount of storage space in their MyTouch 3G Slide. This card is not as big as the 32GB, but it is still able to deliver more than enough storage space to keep all your data. What I love about this card is that it is not expensive, so you can save yourself some money, while having the storage space that you desire
If you do happen to get a MicroSDHC card, you need to be assured that your computer will be able to read it. A lot of the older machines will only be able to read the SD formats, which means that the SDHC cards will not be recognized. If you want an easy solution to the problem, then you can get a SDHC card reader. These readers are pretty cheap and you can get them for under $15. Click Here if You Want Cheap SDHC Readers.