The Best Memory Card Choices for the Samsung Vibrant
Stop right now! If you are looking for amazing deals or more information on Samsung Vibrant Memory cards, then you are certainly in the right place. Everything you want to know about these memory cards can be found on this webpage. It is also a good starting point for those who are looking for cheap cards.
If you know which size memory card you want for your phone and you just want the low prices, then you might as well Start Saving Money Now!.
Samsung Vibrant Memory Card Types
There are 2 different memory card types that can be used in the Samsung Vibrant. I am going to look at these different card types below.
- Micro SD – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of movies, music, video and pictures.
- Micro SDHC– This memory card that can hold up to 32GB of movies, music, video and pictures.
There seems to be a bit of confusion as it relates to the difference between MicroSD and MicroSDHC cards. For all tense and purposes, these memory cards are the same thing. The main difference between the two is how much data each memory card can hold.
Micro SD cards can hold up to 4GB worth of movies, music, video and pictures.
Micro SDHC cards can hold up to 32GB worth of movies, music, video and pictures.
Other Vital Memory Card Information
Class 2, 4, 6 and 10 are the different memory card speed ratings. These speed ratings that are found on memory cards are essentially there to indicate how quickly data can be written to memory cards.
- Class 2 – Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. (Slowest)
- Class 4 – Minimum of 4 MB/s performance. (Average)
- Class 6 – Minimum of 6 MB/s performance. (Above Average)
- Class 10 – Minimum of 10 MB/s performance. (Fastest)
When considering a memory card for the Samsung Vibrant, then any speed class will work. The main advantage of the slower cards is the price. The negative with the slower cards is when it comes to the transfer of data to and from the computer. The transfer can be slow, especially if you are moving a lot of data.
Do I Need a Memory Card for My Samsung Vibrant?
Usually when you buy the Samsung Vibrant, it will come with a memory card. The memory card that is packed with the phone is often of the smaller sizes (1GB or 2GB). For those of you who will be utilizing the phone fully and will be saving everything from movies to music, then you will definitely need to invest in a bigger memory card. Some of the card sizes to consider is the 8GB, 16GB or 32GB card.
What Size Samsung Vibrant Micro SD/SDHC Card Should I Get?
There are a lot of different Micro SD and Micro SDHC card sizes that can be used in the Samsung Vibrant. The size that you get will be determined by how you plan using the phone. Memory Cards are available in 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB sizes.
The 8GB, 16GB or 32GB cards will be the best option for the phone, especially if you are going to be using it store your movies, music, pictures and videos. These memory card sizes should be the best option, as they provide the right amount of space.
How Much Data Can Hold on a Samsung Vibrant Memory Card?
Ok with the technical stuff out of the way, now it is a good time for you to get an idea as to how much data can hold on memory cards for the Samsung Vibrant.
**The table below is there to visualize the amount of data these memory cards can hold. The file sizes I used were based on ESTIMATES. The memory cards will be able to hold more or less, as it all depends on a variety of factors.
Best Micro SD/SDHC Memory Card for the Samsung Vibrant
There are so many different memory card options available for the Samsung Vibrant. If you are looking for a nice high capacity card to use in the phone, then you need to have a look on the 32GB Sandisk MicroSDHC, 32GB Transcend MicroSDHC, 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC or 16GB Transcend MicroSDHC.
- The best card to get for the Vibrant is definitely the Sandisk 32 GBMicroSDHC. This memory card will be able to provide all the storage that you need. With a card like this, it will take you a long time to fill it up. This is a quality memory card, as SanDisk has a very good reputation for making memory cards that perform really well. The downside to this particular card is that it does not come with a SD adapter (probably why it is so cheap). If you do need a SD Adapter, then check out this other 32GB Sandisk Card.
- The Transcend 32GB MicroSDHC comes in at #2 on our recommendation list. This card from Transcend is able to provide big storage and excellent performance. Just like SanDisk, Transcend is considered by many to be one of the best memory cards on the market. You will certainly get your money’s worth with a card like this. One of the things that I also love about this card, is that there is also a SD adapter.
- If you want a good, cheap memory card option, then the16GB Transcend MicroSDHC is it. This card offers the great combination of price, storage capacity and speed. Transcend products are solid and you will be getting a quality card if you decide to get it. If you are not looking for the massive storage space that the 32GB offers, but still need high capacity, then the 16GB card is the way to go.
- Another memory card option for the Samsung Vibrant is the 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC Card. The main reason why we like this card, is the fact that it will cost you a lot of money. It is cheap and it will also be able to provide you with the high-capacity storage that you need. This memory card is a Class 2 and it will work perfectly in the phone.
**there are smaller memory card sizes on the market such as 1GB, 2GB, 4GB and 8GB. These are much cheaper than the ones above. If you’re interested, then check out the [email protected]
If you are thinking about getting a MicroSDHC card for the Vibrant and have plans on using it on the computer, you need to check to see if your machine will have the ability to read this specific memory card. Many of the older computers/laptops will only have SD card readers, which would indicate that they will not be able to read the MicroSDHC files. If your computer falls into this category, then there are simple solutions available. You can get yourself a SDHC card reader and this will allow you to read both card formats. These card readers do not cost a lot of money and you can generally purchase them for less than $15. Click Here to get yours now.