The Best Memory Cards for the Samsung Captivate
If you are looking to get really cheap and low prices on the Samsung Captivate memory cards, then you have ended up on the right page. All the information that you need to make a decision on the right memory card for this phone can be found right here.
If you know exactly the type of memory card you want, and want to get access to low prices, then CLICK HERE to Start Saving Money Now!
Samsung Captivate Memory Card Types
- Micro SD – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of video, music and pictures.
- Micro SDHC– This memory card that can hold up to 32GB of video, music and pictures.
One thing we have noticed is that there is confusion when it comes to the main differences between the MicroSD and MicroSDHC card. These 2 cards are basically the same thing. They have the same shape and size. What makes these cards different is that they each have different maximum size capacities.
Micro SD cards can hold up to 4GB worth of video, music and pictures.
Micro SDHC cards can hold up to 32GB worth of video, music and pictures.
Other Vital Memory Card Information
Class 2, 4, 6 and 10 are the different speed classes that are associated with memory cards. These speed ratings are there to show how quickly these memory cards can read/write data.
● Class 2 – Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. (Slowest)
● Class 4 – Minimum of 4 MB/s performance. (Average)
● Class 6 – Minimum of 6 MB/s performance. (Above Average)
● Class 10 – Minimum of 10 MB/s performance. (Fastest)
When having a look on the different memory cards for the Samsung Captivate, then just know that any speed class will work. The different cards have their advantages and disadvantages. Slower cards cost a lost less than the faster ones. Transfer speeds can be pretty fast with the speedier cards.
Do I Need a Memory Card for My Samsung Captivate?
The Samsung Captivate will usually ship with one of the smaller sized memory cards (1GB or 2GB). This size card might be enough for people who won’t be using all the features of the phone. For those people who will be storing music and movies, then you will need to consider an 8GB, 16GB or 32GB memory card.
What Size Samsung Captivate Micro SD/SDHC Card Should I Get?
The size memory card that you get for the Captivate will be determined by how much data you think you will be generating and using on the phone. There are a variety of memory card sizes, ranging from 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB.
We recommend that you go with an 8GB, 16GB or 32GB card for your phone. These cards are ideal, especially if you are planning on saving a lot of music, movies, pictures and video to the phone. You won’t have any space problems with cards this size.
How Much Data Can Hold on a Samsung Captivate Memory Card?
Now that we have taken care of a lot of the technical stuff, it is now a good time for you to find out how much data can actually hold on the different sized memory cards for the Samsung Captivate.
**I created the table as a way to visualize the data storage of these memory cards for you my readers. I ESTIMATED the file sizes based off real world data. The memory cards can either hold more or less data, it really depends on a wide range of factors.
Best Micro SD/SDHC Memory Card for the Samsung Captivate
The Samsung Captivate has so many different memory card options available. If you are a person who loves to store a lot of video, music and pictures on the phone, then you should consider 4 of the best high capacity cards. The 32GB Sandisk MicroSDHC, 32GB Transcend MicroSDHC,16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC or 16GB Transcend MicroSDHC are some of the best cards available.
- My #1 memory card choice for the Samsung Captivate is the Sandisk 32GB MicroSDHC. This is the ultimate storage and it will provide you with so much space to keep all your pictures, movies, music and videos. This is one of the most popular cards out there and that is because it is just a quality product. If you really want value for your money, then you definitely should check consider this card.The one thing negative about this particular card, is that it does not come with a SD Adapter.
- My #2 option is the Transcend 32GB MicroSDHC. This is a great quality card, from one of the best memory card manufacturers. If you need 32GB of storage space, then you should really consider this card. Having it in the Captivate, you will not have to worry about your movie or music collection anymore. This card also comes with a SD card , so that is pretty neat.
- A great cheap option is the 16GB Transcend MicroSDHC. I really like this card, especially for the Captivate, simply because it is cheap and has a nice storage size. Transcend makes really nice memory cards and you should definitely be getting value for your money. If you want a cheap high capacity card, then this is it.
- Another card that I like for the Captivate is the 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC Card. What I love about this card is the fact that it is a high capacity storage card and it does not cost a lot of money. Sandisk has a reputation for making really good products and this card is one of them. The speed of the card is a Class 2, this will be perfect to use in the phone.
**If these high-capacity cards do not interesting, there are smaller memory card sizes available. There is a nice [email protected], check it out.
When considering the MicroSDHC card, you need to be sure that your computer will be able to read this particular format. Newer computers will be ok, but many of the older computers/laptops have SD card readers and this means they will not be able to read SDHC cards. If you have an old machine, you can always buy a SDHC card reader. These devices are not expensive and they generally cost less than $15. Click Here To SDHC Card Reader.