Best Memory Cards for the HTC Incredible S
The HTC Incredible S is a really amazing phone and this is why you need to get that perfect memory card. For all of you who are confused as to what card works in the phone, have no fear, all the questions you have and more will be answered here.
For those of you who you already know what card you want and would like cheap prices, then click here to save money.
HTC Incredible S Memory Card Types
The HTC Incredible S is a phone that will be able to take 2 different kinds of memory cards.
- Micro SD – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of music, video and pictures.
- Micro SDHC– This memory card that can hold up to 32GB of i music, video and pictures.
When it comes to the MicroSD and MicroSDHC memory card differences, there seems to be a bit of confusion with people. These cards are really the same thing, the main difference is the amount of data that they are able to hold.
Micro SD cards can hold up to 4GB worth of music, video and pictures
Micro SDHC cards can hold up to 32GB worth of music, video and pictures.
Other Vital Memory Card Information
Sometimes whenyou look on a memory card, you will see that they have speed ratings ranging from 2, 4, 6 and 10. These ratings are there to show how quickly data can be written/read from the given card.
- Class 2 – Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. (Slowest)
- Class 4 – Minimum of 4 MB/s performance. (Average)
- Class 6 – Minimum of 6 MB/s performance. (Above Average)
- Class 10 – Minimum of 10 MB/s performance. (Fastest)
If you are thinking about what speed card to use in the Incredible S, then the Class 2 and 4 cards will be quite alright. If you are planning on using these MicroSD/SDHC cards in other devices like a camera or camcorder (with the SD adapter), then you will definitely need to go with a Class 6 or 10.
Do I Need a Memory Card for My HTC Incredible S?
When you buy a HTC Incredible S, you will more than likely get it with a memory card. These card sizes will be in the size range of a 1GB or 2GB and this won’t be enough for people who will be storing a lot of data. If you have a big mp3 collection or planning on taking a variety of videos and pictures, then you are definitely going to need a bigger memory card for the phone. Nothing sucks more than having a full memory card and wanting to have more space.
What Size HTC Incredible S Micro SD/SDHC Card Should I Get?
There are so many different memory card sizes to choose from. You have sizes such as 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB. When looking for a MicroSD or MicroSDHC card for the HTC Incredible S, the size card you use is really your choice. The size is dependent on how you will be using the phone.
A 16GB or 32GB card would be my recommendation. These cards are big enough and have enough space to hold all your music, videos and pictures. They are not expensive and the good thing is that you have the ability to use them in a variety of other devices that require memory cards like camcorders and cameras.
How Much Data Can Hold on a HTC Incredible S Memory Card?
With all the detailed memory card information for the HTC Incredible S out of the way, it is now time to get an idea into how much data thee various cards can hold. The table below will look at how MP3s, videos and pictures all stack up on the various cards.
**The little table that we created below, was done to be a very quick guide to highlight the storage capacities of the various memory cards. It should be noted that the data types sizes were all based on AVERAGES AND ESTIMATES. The amount of data that the memory cards will be able to hold is going to be more or less, as there are so many different factors that affect size. This is more of a table to get visual idea as to each card’s capacity.
Best HTC Incredible S MicroSD/SDHC Memory Card
There are so many different storage options for the HTC Incredible. If you want some really good performing cards, then you need to check out the 32GB Sandisk MicroSDHC, 32GB Transcend MicroSDHC, 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC or 16GB Transcend MicroSDHC.
- We have to roll with the 32GB Sandisk MicroSDHC as our number one choice for the HTC Incredible S. this is one of the most popular memory card options out there and this is largely due to Sandisk making a quality product. The 32GB MicroSDHC is able to provide the storage space that people want, while also delivering excellent performance. This is really a great card to have. When you buy this memory, all you will be essentially getting is just the MicroSDHC card. There is no SD Adapter. If you need a SD Adapter, then a have a look at this 32GB Sandisk Card.
- The 32GB Transcend MicroSDHC is a really good memory card and it should be considered, as it is able to deliver the same quality as SanDisk cards. This card is a bit more expensive than the Sandisk, that’s why we ranked it at #2. You will still be getting excellent memory storage and there is a great benefit with this card, as it comes with a SD Adapter.
- A great memory card to use in the HTC Incredible S has definitely got to be the 16GB Transcend MicroSDHC. This card has everything going for it, from storage, speed and price. This card will have no problems storing all your data, such as pictures, music, movies and videos. This high-performing card, should definitely have a place inside your phone.
- The HTC Incredible S can benefit tremendously from having a 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC Card. Sandisk is known for making good memory cards and this 16GB beauty will be able to store everythignthat you have with nor problems. What I love about this card is that it has enough memory for those users who are not super heavy data users. You can store your music collection and a couple pictures and videos and still have space left over.
**If none of these big cards interest you, there are smaller capacity cards which can be had for cheap if the ones we mentioned above are too much, then you need to check Amazon.com to see what’s available.
If you are going to be using the memory card outside of the phone and will be using it in the computer, then you need to check to see if the card reader that you will be using is SDHC compatible. Many card readers on the older computers only are able to read SD cards and not the SDHC format. If you happen to have an older device, then you need to pick up a SDHC card reader. These devices are not expensive and you can get them for under $15. Click Here to get your SDHC card reader.