My Memory Card Choices for the HTC Desire Z
If you want great deals on memory cards for the HTC Desire Z, then you definitely ended up in the right place. If you are an individual who is confused and want to find out more about the memory cards that are used in the Desire Z, then you are also in the right place.
If you want to be taken directly to the low priced memory cards, then you will be able to get everything right here.
HTC Desire Z Memory Card Types
For those of you who want to know, the HTC Desire Z is capable of taking 2 types of memory cards.
- Micro SD – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of pictures, video and music.
- Micro SDHC– This memory card that can hold up to 32GB of pictures, video and music.
There is a slight confusion amongst people when it comes to the differences between the MicroSD and MicroSDHC memory cards. These 2 cards are really the same thing, the only difference is that the MicroSDHC cards are high capacity and can hold more that the MicroSD.
Micro SD cards can hold up to 4GB worth of pictures, video and music.
Micro SDHC cards can hold up to 32GB worth of pictures, video and music.
Other Vital Memory Card Information
Yes there are different types of memory cards when it comes to their storage space, but cards also come with different speed ratings. 2, 4, 6 and 10 are all there to show the speed at which data can be read/written to the specific card.
- Class 2 – Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. (Slowest)
- Class 4 – Minimum of 4 MB/s performance. (Average)
- Class 6 – Minimum of 6 MB/s performance. (Above Average)
- Class 10 – Minimum of 10 MB/s performance. (Fastest)
If you are wondering what speed card to get for the HTC Desire Z, then you should be comfortable with a Class 2 or Class 4 card. These cards perform perfectly in the phone, the only annoyance may come when transferring data to the computer or to the phone. If you are thinking of using the phone’s memory card in other devices (With the SD Adapter), then you may need a fast speed like 6 or 10. Some of the newer cameras and camcorders require that you have a minimum of a class 6 card to use in the device.
Do I Need a Memory Card for My HTC Desire Z?
When you buy the HTC Desire Z, it will more than likely come with a 1GB or 2GB card. These are some basic card sizes and they will fill up pretty quickly if you are planning on storing a lot of stuff. If you take a lot of pictures and video, or have a very big mp3 collection, then you are really going to need a bigger memory card for the phone.
What Size HTC Desire Z Micro SD/SDHC Card Should I Get?
When contemplating getting a Micro SD or Micro SDHC card for the Desire Z, the size card that you should get is really dependent on how you will be using the data. Memory cards are available in different sizes ranging from 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB.
If you love music or have the intention of taking a lot of pictures or videos, then you definitely should aim for a 16 GB or 32 GB card. These are big card sizes and it should be able to keep all your music, pictures and movies with no problems. Don’t even consider any of the smaller cards, as they really fill up quickly and there is nothing worse than having multiple memory cards scattered all over the place.
How Much Data Can Hold on a HTC Desire Z Memory Card?
With all the detailed memory card information for the HTC Desire Z out of the way, it’s now time for you to get a good idea into how much data the different types of memory cards can hold. The table that we have below will look at how music, pictures and video all hold on the different cards.
**you guys should be aware that that the table below was done to provide a look into the storage capacities of different memory cards. These storage sizes should not be the end all as they were done using ESTIMATES. The data on the can can be more or less, as this is determined by a wide variety of factors. The table is really to get a visual.
Best HTC Desire Z MicroSD/SDHC Memory Card
if you are looking for a memory card to use in the HTC Desire Z, then you can be assured that there won’t be a shortage of storage devices. There are so many memory card options available; it can be a daunting task to find the right one. The best cards for the Desire Z are the 32GB Sandisk MicroSDHC, 32GB Transcend MicroSDHC, 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC or 16GB Transcend MicroSDHC.
- The 32GB Sandisk MicroSDHC is by far the best memory card option, when it comes to the Desire Z. what we love about this card, is the fact that it is able to deliver excellent performance, while also making available tons of storage space. SanDisk has a very good reputation for making excellent memory products and this 32GB MicroSDHC is no different. For those of you were considering purchasing this card, you should be aware that it comes in bulk packaging. There really is no retail packaging and this card will also be missing an SD adapter. If the SD Adapter is important to you, then check out this 32GB Sandisk Card.
- Another good memory card to be used in the HTC Desire Z is the 32GB Transcend MicroSDHC. This card is just as good as the SanDisk, the only reason why I have it at #2, is that it is a bit more expensive. Transcend makes really good memory cards and if you buy this 32 GB MicroSDHC, you can be guaranteed that you are getting a quality product. For those of you were looking for a packaged SD adapter, you will get one with this Transcend card.
- The 16GB Transcend MicroSDHC is a great memory card option for the HTC Desire Z. 16GB cards are able to deliver all the storage space that you need as it is still considered to be high-capacity memory. These cards are a lot cheaper than their 32GB counterparts and this is a good option for those people who are looking for space, but who also do not want to spend a lot of money.
- The 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC Card is also another good memory card option. For a really cheap price, you will be able to get great performance and excellence storage space. This is all that is necessary when you are looking for a good memory card to use in your phone.
**Smaller memory card capacities are available for really low prices. If you think that the size or price of the ones above are not to your liking, then you can check out Amazon.com to see what else is available.
For those of you who will be using your memory card in your computer to transfer pictures, MP3s or movies, then you need to check the computer to see if the card reader on there can read SDHC cards. A lot of the older computers have SD readers and as such, they won’t be able to read that high capacity memory cards. If you look and see that there is no SDHC support, then you will have to buy a card reader. These devices are not expensive and you can get them for under $15. Click Here to get yours now.