My Memory Card Choices for the HTC Aria
If you are lost and confused on the different memory cards used in the HTC Aria, then you are definitely in the right place. Everything you need to know about the storage cards used in the Aria can be found here.
For those of you who are looking at getting great deals and low prices on this cards can definitely get everything you need right here.
HTC Aria Memory Card Types
- Micro SD – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of images, music and video.
- Micro SDHC– This memory card that can hold up to 32GB of images, music and video.
When people see MicroSD and MicroSDHC cards, they often get confused. These cards are essentially the same thing; the only difference is the cards size capacity.
Micro SD cards can hold up to 4GB worth of music, images, video and pictures.
Micro SDHC cards can hold up to 32GB worth of music, video and pictures.
Other Vital Memory Card Information
Memory cards are available in different speed class ratings 2, 4, 6 and 10. The Speed Ratings indicate how fast data is written to the memory card.
- Class 2 – Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. (Slowest)
- Class 4 – Minimum of 4 MB/s performance. (Average)
- Class 6 – Minimum of 6 MB/s performance. (Above Average)
- Class 10 – Minimum of 10 MB/s performance. (Fastest)
If you are thinking about getting a card for the HTC Aria, then any of the speed classes will be perfect. If you are concerned with the slower cards, you are going to see a difference when you are transferring data. The slower cards will take a lot longer to transfer data, as opposed to the faster ones.
Do I Need a Memory Card for My HTC Aria?
When you buy an HTC Aria the phone will more than likely come with a memory card. These cards usually are in the 1 GB – 2GB range. If you are person who has a lot of MP3s or are you take a lot of pictures or videos with your phone, then you will definitely need to spend the money and get a bigger memory card. I store a lot of data on my phone and I realize that it is better to have the bigger cards and call it a day. When you’re running out of space, you are going to wish you had the extra memory.
What Size HTC Aria Micro SD/SDHC Card Should I Get?
Options abound, as it relates to the different types of memory cards that are available for the HTC Aria. There are 1 GB, 2 GB, 4 GB, 8 GB, 16 GB and 32 GB cards and the size you need will definitely depend on how much pictures, videos and music you plan on storing on the phone.
If you want all advice, then you should spend the money and get a 16 GB or 32 GB MicroSDHC card. These cards will definitely have enough space to hold everything, plus more. The great thing about having cards this big, is that you can also use them in other devices that require the high capacity memory, like cameras or camcorders.
How Much Data Can Hold on a HTC Aria Memory Card?
Now that you know more about the different types of memory cards for the HTC Aria, you can now find out how much data each size card can hold.
**It should be noted that the table below its there for comparison reasons. The sizes that I used in the table for the various media formats are really just ESTIMATES. The memory cards will be able to hold more or less, as it depends on a wide variety of factors. This table is just there so that people can get an idea as to how much data they can expect their card to hold.
Best HTC Aria MicroSD/SDHC Memory Card
When it comes to the HTC Aria, there are quite a lot of different memory card options available. If you are looking for a really nice memory card to use in the phone, then you should spend your money and get a 32GB Sandisk MicroSDHC, 32GB Transcend MicroSDHC, 16GB Transcend MicroSDHC or 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC.
- If you want a quality card for your phone, then the 32GB Sandisk MicroSDHC is the best choice out there. Sandisk is by far the best memory card company and they make excellent quality cards. This 32GB MicroSDHC card from Sandisk is the most popular card in its class on the market today. You should be aware that when purchasing this card, you will be getting it in bulk packaging. This means you will not get a SD adapter with it. If you really want the SD Adapter, then check out this other 32GB Sandisk Card.
- I recommend the 32GB Transcend MicroSDHC for the HTC Aria as it is also another good quality card. Transcend has a reputation for making really nice quality memory cards. This is a Class 2 card, but it should be adequate enough for your phone. One thing this card has going for it over the SanDisk, is the fact that it comes with a SD adapter.
- The 16GB Transcend MicroSDHC has everything going for it. It is the right combination of speed, size and price. 16 GB is a lot of storage space and it should give the Aria the memory it needs to store all your music, videos and pictures. If you are not looking for a lot of memory like 32 GB, then this is way to go.
- I like the 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC for the HTC Aria, as it is solid card. This card is not as expensive as the 32GB models and it gives you ample storage space. You will not have to worry about performance, even though the card is a Class 2, it should work perfectly in the phone. This is a quality memory card, from a quality manufacturer.
**If you are interested in the cheaper, yet smaller sized cards, then check out the great selection that can be found at Amazon.com.
If you are going to be using the memory card inside the computer to transfer data, then you should check to see if the card reader on the computer can read SDHC cards. Many of the older computers can only read SD cards, so you may need to spend the money and get a SDHC card reader. These card readers are not expensive and you can get them for under $15. Click Here to get your SDHC card reader.