The Best Memory Cards for the Droid X
If you want great deals on memory cards for the Motorola Droid X, then you definitely ended up in the right place. If you are an individual who is confused and want to find out more about the memory cards that are used in the Droid X, then you are also in the right place.
If you want to be taken directly to the low priced memory cards, then you will be able to get everything right here.
Motorola Droid X Memory Card Types
- Micro SD – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of music, video and pictures.
- Micro SDHC– This memory card that can hold up to 32GB of music, video and pictures.
So is there difference between MicroSD and MicroSDHC cards? There is no real difference as physically, the cards are the same. When it comes to data storage capacity, that is where the cards differ.
Micro SD cards can hold up to 4GB worth of music, video and pictures.
Micro SDHC cards can hold up to 32GB worth of music, video and pictures.
Other Vital Memory Card Information
Memory card storage space will go from 1GB up to 32GB. Aside from memory size, these cards also have different speed ratings. If you look on the cards you will see them with either Class 10, 6, 4 and 2. These speed class ratings are there to indicates holdfast these memory cards are. It relates to the speed of data reading and writing.
- Class 2 – Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. (Slowest)
- Class 4 – Minimum of 4 MB/s performance. (Average)
- Class 6 – Minimum of 6 MB/s performance. (Above Average)
- Class 10 – Minimum of 10 MB/s performance. (Fastest)
It seems like there are people out there who are concerned with using some of the slower cards in their Droid X. When it comes to this phone, the slower cards will work perfectly. The real issue with the speed will often come up when data is being transferred to and from the computer. In using a slower card, you might notice that it will take a longer time to transfer data.
Do I Need a Memory Card for My Motorola Droid X?
A memory card is often shipped with the Motorola Droid X. These memory cards are not very big and can be filled up pretty quickly. If you are one of those people who uses their phone for everything (take pictures, watch movies and listen to music), then you are going to need to get a bigger card for the phone. Do not even consider some of the smaller memory card sizes.
What Size Motorola Droid X Micro SD/SDHC Card Should I Get?
With your Droid X, the memory card that you get should be determined by whole you plan on using the phone. 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB are some of the different memory card sizes that are available.
If you like to watch movies, have a big music collection or will be taking a lot of pictures or HD video, then your best bet is to get a 16 GB or 32 GB card. You should not even think about getting any of the smaller card sizes, as you will fill them up pretty quickly. Imagine have 4 4GB cards, instead of just one 16 GB card.
How Much Data Can Hold on a Motorola Droid X Memory Card?
The table below is there to show how much data the different sized memory cards for the Motorola Droid X can hold.
**The numbers that I use in the table are all based on ESTIMATES. The memory cards will be able to hold more or less data; it really depends on a variety of factors. The table is just there to visualize the storage capacity of these memory cards.
Best Motorola Droid X MicroSD/SDHC Memory Card
If you are on the hunt for memory cards to use in your Motorola Droid X, then rest easy as there are so many different options out there. With so many available, it can be quite a task to find the ideal one for this phone. They start for experience, the best memory cards for the Droid X are the 32GB Sandisk MicroSDHC, 32GB Transcend MicroSDHC, 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC or 16GB Transcend MicroSDHC.
- If you have a Droid X, then you have to get a 32GB Sandisk MicroSDHC. The reason why we love this card so much, is the fact that it is able to deliver all the storage space you will ever need, as well as offering excellent performance. This is by far the most popular 32 GB MicroSDHC card out there, so you know you are getting a quality product.
The one downside to this SanDisk card is the fact that it does not come with a SD adapter, since it is bulk packaging. If you really need that SD adapter with your MicroSDHC, then you need to take a look at this 32GB Sandisk Card.
- Another good option is the 32GB Transcend MicroSDHC. This is a pretty good card to use in the Droid X, as it is able to deliver the performance and storage space. This card is a bit more expensive than the SanDisk we mentioned above, but it is still a good buy. One of the big selling points that we like with this card is that it does come with a SD adapter.
- If you are not looking for overkill with your storage space, then the 16GB Transcend MicroSDHC is a really good memory option for the Motorola Droid X. 16GB is a lot of space when you think of it and you will be able to store all your videos, pictures and music with no problem. Another great thing about these cards is that they do not cost a lot of money.
- We love the 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC Card, simply because SanDisk makes really good memory cards. You cannot go wrong with this card, as it has all the storage space you need and you can essentially store all your data files with no problem. This is a good buy.
**If you are not one who is turned on by this big memory card sizes, or you may be on the market for something much cheaper, then look at the 8GB, 4GB, 2GB and 1GB for sale on Amazon.com.
Sometimes SDHC cards will not work in older computers/laptop readers. If the card reader on your machine can only read SD cards, then you might end up with an unreadable card. To solve this problem, you can purchase a card reader that will be able to read SDHC memory cards. The good thing about this device is that it does not cost a lot of money. You can check out a really good SDHC reader right here.