The Best Memory Cards for the Droid Pro
If you want great deals on memory cards for the MOTOROLA Droid Pro, then you definitely ended up in the right place. If you are an individual who is confused and want to find out more about the memory cards that are used in the Droid Pro, then you are also in the right place.
CHECK OUT The MEMORY CARD SELECTION if you know what you want and would like to save yourself some $$$$.
MOTOROLA Droid Pro Memory Card Types
- Micro SD – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of pictures, video and music.
- Micro SDHC– This memory card that can hold up to 32GB of pictures, video and music.
We get the question all the time, what makes MicroSD different from MicroSDHC memory. To clarify things, these 2 memory cards are really the same thing. They have the same size and shape, the main difference is that MicroSDHC holds more data than MicroSD.
Micro SD cards can hold up to 4GB worth of pictures, video and music.
Micro SDHC cards can hold up to 32GB worth of pictures, video and music.
Other Vital Memory Card Information
Memory cards will also come in different speeds. If you look on the memory cards, you will notice that they will either have a speed rating of a Class 2, 4, 6 or 10. These speed ratings are there to indicate how quickly data can be read/written to the card.
- Class 2 – Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. (Slowest)
- Class 4 – Minimum of 4 MB/s performance. (Average)
- Class 6 – Minimum of 6 MB/s performance. (Above Average)
- Class 10 – Minimum of 10 MB/s performance. (Fastest)
There seems to be some amount of concern as it relates to use and slower memory cards in the Droid Pro. Slower cards will work with no problems. The slow issue will pop up if you are planning on copying data to and from the computer. If you are moving files (music, video or pictures), you are going to realize that it takes a longer time with the slower cards.
Do I Need a Memory Card for My MOTOROLA Droid Pro?
The MOTOROLA Droid Pro often times will come with a bundled memory card. These memory cards are “relatively” small, so if you are a power data user, then you will definitely need to get one of the bigger sizes. If you have a big music collection or like to watch movies on the phone, then the smaller cards will not be cutting it at all.
What Size MOTOROLA Droid Pro Micro SD/SDHC Card Should I Get?
When it comes to the Micro SD or Micro SDHC card for the Droid Pro, the size card that you get is really dependent on how you plan on using the phone. There are memory card sizes of 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB, so there is a lot to choose from.
If you use your phone as a mp3 player, or like watching movies, then there is no point in getting a small memory card; a 8GB, 16GB or 32GB is the way to go. You should not even look at the smaller cards, as you are going to get frustrated when they fill up quickly.
How Much Data Can Hold on a MOTOROLA Droid Pro Memory Card?
The purpose of the table is there to show the amount of data that can be held on the different memory cards for the Motorola Droid Pro.
** ESTIMATES was the order of the day, when it can comes to the data used in the table. Understand that the memory cards can hold more or less data; it is really dependent on so many different factors. The table is there to give an idea into the memory card’s storage capacity.
Best MOTOROLA Droid Pro MicroSD/SDHC Memory Card
The Motorola Droid Pro is a pretty amazing phone. This is why you have to have the best of the best memory cards in it. When looking for a memory card for the phone, I am sure you come across so many different options. So what is the best storage device for the Droid Pro. Our top choices for this phone would be the 32GB Sandisk MicroSDHC, 32GB Transcend MicroSDHC, 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC or 16GB Transcend MicroSDHC.
- The Sandisk 32GB MicroSDHC is our number one pick, simply because this is the best memory card out there to be used in the Droid Pro. This card has everything from the storage space, quality and performance. SanDisk makes really quality products and this is no exception.One of the things that we do not like about this card, is that it is sold as bulk packaging. This essentially means that you will be getting just the MicroSDHC card and no SD Adapter or anything else. If you really want a SD Adapter, then this 32GB Sandisk Card is a good option.
- If you have a MOTOROLA Droid Pro, then another good option is the Transcend 32GB MicroSDHC. This card is on par with SanDisk and it is really something that offers excellent performance and quality. It is a bit more expensive than the SanDisk, but it is still a really good buy. Having a card this size, you should be able to store all your music, pictures and videos with no problems. The other good thing about this card, is that it also comes with a SD adapter.
- If you are looking for enough storage space, then the Transcend 16GB MicroSDHC is a pretty nice offering to be used in the MOTOROLA Droid Pro. 32GB is a lot of storage space and so is 16GB. 16GB cards will be able to store all the data, with no real worry of filling it up. The big advantage that the 16GB has over the 32GB is the price.
- The Sandisk 16GB MicroSDHC Card is another option that should be considered when searching for memory cards. This card is pretty inexpensive and you can be guaranteed that you are getting a quality product that performs really well, as it is made by SanDisk. This is a good buy, you will not be disappointed.
**Check out Amazon.com if you have an interest in some of the smaller memory card sizes.8, 4, 2 and 1GB cards are available there.
Get a SDHC memory card reader if your computer/laptop only has a SD card reader. Many of the older machines have SD readers and this means they would not be able to locate SDHC cards.