The Best Memory Card for the Droid 2
If you want great deals and low prices on memory cards for the MOTOROLA Droid 2, then you are on the right webpage. For those of you who are confused and want to get more info on the different memory cards that work in the Droid 2, then you are also in the right place.
If you already know the type of memory card for the Droid 2 and want LOW PRICES, then CLICK HERE TO SAVE.
MOTOROLA Droid 2 Memory Card Types
- Micro SD – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of video, music and pictures.
- Micro SDHC– This memory card that can hold up to 32GB of video, music and pictures.
Even though the phone can take these two cards, people are often confused between the two. So what makes MicroSD different from MicroSDHC? There is nothing different between the two, as they are physically the same card. What seperates them is that MicroSDHC cards can hold more than MicroSD.
Micro SD cards can hold up to 4GB worth of video, music and pictures.
Micro SDHC cards can hold up to 32GB worth of video, music and pictures.
Other Vital Memory Card Information
Memory Cards have their different size capacities, but they also have different speed ratings. Memory cards can be in Class 2, 4, 6 and 10. Those ratings on the card are there to indicate the speed at which data can be written/read to the card.
- Class 2 – Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. (Slowest)
- Class 4 – Minimum of 4 MB/s performance. (Average)
- Class 6 – Minimum of 6 MB/s performance. (Above Average)
- Class 10 – Minimum of 10 MB/s performance. (Fastest)
Some people are concerned with using the slower class cards in their phone. These slow cards will work perfectly in the Droid 2, there should be no problem using this particular card. The main problem will be transferring the data from the card to the computer and vice versa. You will see it takes longer with the slower cards.
Do I Need a Memory Card for My MOTOROLA Droid 2?
If you have a MOTOROLA Droid 2, then you need to take your mind off the smaller memory card sizes. These small cards will fill up quickly, especially if you use the phone for just about anything. If you watch movies, listen to music, take HD video or pictures, you are definitely going to want to get a bigger memory card.
What Size MOTOROLA Droid 2 Micro SD/SDHC Card Should I Get?
It is really your choice, when it comes to the size MicroSD are MicroSDHC card for the Droid 2. You need to determine how you will be using the data and how much storage space you do need. You can get memory cards in a variety of sizes, such as 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB.
If you are a person who has a very big MP3 collection or you have intentions of taking a lot of HD video or pictures, then you need to spend the money and get a 16 GB or 32 GB card. These memory card sizes are really massive and it should be able to hold all your data with no problem.
How Much Data Can Hold on a MOTOROLA Droid 2 Memory Card?
The table below is there to show how much data the different sized memory cards for the Motorola Droid 2 can hold.
**I used ESTIMATES to determine the numbers for the different sections. These numbers can go up or down, it is really dependent on a wide variety of factors. The table is there just to show how much stuff these memory cards can hold.
Best MOTOROLA Droid 2 MicroSD/SDHC Memory Card
There is a huge selection of memory cards that can be used in the Motorola Droid 2. You really should have no problem locating something to use in your device. Many people are confused as to the best memory card to use in their phone. Our recommendations for the Droid 2 would definitely be the 32GB Sandisk MicroSDHC, 32GB Transcend MicroSDHC, 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC or 16GB Transcend MicroSDHC.
- The best card that we like for the Droid 2 is the 32GB Sandisk MicroSDHC. If you are looking for a really awesome card, that is able to deliver performance and the storage space that you need, then this is it. If you know anything about memory cards, then you are well aware of SanDisk being the industry leader for these products. The 32GB MicroSDHC really delivers and you are going to want a card like this in your phone.
The downside to this card is that it does not have any retail packaging. As a result of this, there is no SD adapter included. If you really want a 32GB MicroSDHC card that has a SD adapter, then check out this option.
- The 32GB Transcend MicroSDHC is also another good memory card option for the Droid 2. Quality wise it is just as good as any SanDisk card out there. The real reason why we dropped this card to #2 is that it costs a bit more than the SanDisk. You do not have to worry about Transcend cards, as they are known for making quality products and the performance is topnotch. Another cool thing about this card is that it comes with a SD adapter.
- For those of you who want a lot of storage space, as well as low prices, then the 16GB Transcend MicroSDHC is a great option. The 16GB card has more than enough space to store all the data files that you will be using in the Droid 2. What this card has going for it, is that it is a lot cheaper than the 32 GB models. If you do not need excessive space and don’t want to spend a lot of money, then the 16GB Transcend is a great option.
- We love the 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC, simply because it is a really good memory card option. This card does not cost a lot of money and you will be able to get all the performance and a storage space from it. This another good option for all of you who are searching for a really good memory card to use the in the Droid 2 phone.
**If these big capacity cards are offering more memory than you can use, we can direct you to the smaller card sizes like 8GB, 4GB, 2GB and 1GB. Check out Amazon.com to see what’s available.
Before spending the money on the MicroSDHC cards, you need to be sure that your computer will be able to read this specific memory card format. Many of the older computers have SD card readers, which mean that they will not be able to read SDHC. In this case with your machine, you have to spend the money and get a card reader that will be able to read SDHC. These readers are not very expensive and generally you can get them for less than $15. Click Here to get yours now.