Best Memory Cards for Canon Powershot SX210 IS
Want to Save Money! Well this is the best webpage for the Canon Powershot SX210 IS as you can get really great deals as well as detailed information. Everything that is related to memory cards for this camera will be in the information below.
Want to Save CLICK HERE. For those of you who know the types of memory cards that works in the camera and want low prices, then check out the link.
Canon Powershot SX210 IS Memory Card Types
There are a variety of memory cards that can be used in the Canon Powershot SX210 IS. The different ones will be looked at below.
- SD Cards – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of images and video.
- SDHC Cards – This memory card format can hold up to 32GB of images and video.
- SDXC Cards – This memory card format can upwards of 48GB of images and video.
- Micro SD (With SD Adapter) – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of images and video.
- Micro SDHC (With SD Adapter) – This memory card that can hold up to 32GB of images and video.
SD SDHC SDXC Differences can be quite confusing. To clear up some things, these card formats are essentially the same thing. They have the same physical attributes, as well as shape and size. What makes them different is that they all have different maximum storage capacities.
SD cards can hold up to 4GB worth of video and pictures.
SDHC cards can hold up to 32GB worth of pictures and video.
SDXC cards can hold 48GB – 2TB worth of video and pictures.
Other Vital Memory Card Information
The Canon Powershot SX219 IS can use a variety of different sized memory cards. It should be noted that memory cards are also available based on speed. The speed ratings of the memory cards are there to indicate how quickly data can be written to the card. SD and SDHC cards have speed ratings of 2, 4, 6 and 10. SDXC cards speed ratings go from Class 4, 6 and 10. SDXC cards also have another speed rating known as Ultra High Speed (UHS)
- Class 2 – Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. (Slowest)
- Class 4 – Minimum of 4 MB/s performance. (Average)
- Class 6 – Minimum of 6 MB/s performance. (Above Average)
- Class 10 – Minimum of 10 MB/s performance. (Fastest)
- UHS-1 (SDXC CARDS) – Speeds up to 104 MB/s.
For your Canon Powershot SX210 IS, you can use any speed card in it. Our recommendation would be to use some of the faster cards. You will not have to worry about a degraded performance if you were to use these cards in the camera. Faster is always the way to go.
For more detailed info on memory card speeds, check out sdcard.org.
What Size Canon SX210 IS SD/SDHC/SDXC Card Should I Get?
The types of cards that are used in the SX210 IS are SD, SDHC and SDXC cards. When it comes to determining the size of card for the camera, it will really depend on much size you will need. SD Cards come in sizes from 1GB, 2GB and 4GB. SDHC cards are available in 8GB, 16GB and 32GB sizes. SDXC cards come in 48GB, 64GB and 128GB sizes.
Our recommendation would be to get one of the bigger sized cards. The 8, 16 and 32GB SDHC cards are a pretty good choice as they will be able to deliver the storage space that you need. The 48 and 64GB SDXC is another good option and they will be able to provide a lot of storage space for those of you who will be taking high quality pictures or HD video.
How Much Data Can Hold on a Canon SX210IS Memory Card?
You should have a look at the table below, if you really want to find out how much pictures and videos can actually be stored on the memory cards for the Canon PowerShot SX210 IS.
**The table was made to show how much data can be stored on the different sized memory cards. I ESTIMATED the data sizes based off real world samples. The memory cards will be able to hold more or less data, as it really depends on a variety of factors.
|Images||Raw||Video: 640X480||Video: 1280X720|
|4GB||1,946||268||43 min||25 min|
|8GB||3,892||536||1 hr 26 min||50 min|
|16GB||7,784||1072||2 hr 52 min||1hr 40 min|
|32GB||15,568||2144||5 hr 42 min||3 hr 20 min|
|48GB||23,352||3216||8 hr 32 min||5 hr|
|64GB||31,136||4288||11 hr 22 min||6 hr 40 min|
Take a look at the Canon PowerShot SX210 IS Specification Sheet if you would want to learn more about how much pictures and video that can hold on the different cards.
Best Memory Card for the Canon Powershot SX210 IS
Below are my best memory card picks for the Canon Powershot SX210 IS.
- The Transcend 32GB Class 10 SDHC Card is by far the best memory card option for the Canon Powershot SX210 IS. The reason why I recommend this card, is simply because it is able to deliver the full package. You are getting ample storage space, a Class 10 card (the fastest) and also one that is very inexpensive. There is no card on the market today that offers that combination. This card will perform very well in the camera and you will definitely be getting value for your money. If you want a card for the SX 210 IS, then this is it.
- The SX210 IS is an awesome camera and because of that, we recommend the 16GB Transcend SDHC Card for it. What I love about this card is that 16GB is a good amount of storage space for pictures and video. If you will be taking a lot of pictures of video, this is the card to have. The biggest selling point is the fact that the camera is pretty inexpensive and you will not be spending a lot of money for some pretty decent storage space. If you are looking for a quality card that gives good performance, then circle this card on your list.
For those of you who are looking at getting a SDHC card for the camera, you need to ensure that your computer will be able to read them. Many of the older laptops/computers have SD readers and this limits them when it comes to reading SDHC cards. If you happen to fall into this category, then you can spend the money and get a SDHC card reader. These readers do not cost much money and you can usually get them for under $15. CHEAP SDHC Readers Can Be Purchased Here.