Save Money Now! If you already know what type of memory card you want for the camera, check out the link to save.
STOP STOP STOP! If you are searching for extremely low prices , great deals or more info on the Canon Powershot SX130 IS, then this is the best website! All that you need to know about these memory cards can all be found here.
Canon Powershot SX130 IS Memory Card Types
The Canon Powershot SX130 IS will be able to take a variety of memory cards. I will highlight the different memory cards the camera will take below.
- SD Cards – This memory card format can hold up to 2GB of images and video.
- SDHC Cards – This memory card format can hold up to 32GB of images and video.
- SDXC Cards – This memory card format can upwards of 48GB of images and video.
- Micro SD (With SD Adapter) – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of images and video.
- Micro SDHC (With SD Adapter) – This memory card that can hold up to 32GB of images and video.
When it comes to the differences between SD SDHC SDXC some people usually get confused. All 3 memory cards are essentially the same, as they have the same size and shape. The main difference between all three is that they have different maximum storage capacities.
SD cards can hold up to 2GB worth of pictures and video.
SDHC cards can hold up to 32GB worth of pictures and video.
SDXC cards can hold 48GB – 2TB worth of pictures and video.
Other Vital Memory Card Information
Memory cards come in different sizes, however they all have different speeds. The speeds of the cards are divided into different speed classes. These speed classes are there to indicate the speed at which data can be written/read from the memory card. SD and SDHC cards have speed ratings of 2, 4, 6 and 10. SDXC cards speed ratings go from Class 4, 6 and 10. SDXC cards also have another speed rating known as Ultra High Speed (UHS)
- Class 2 – Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. (Slowest)
- Class 4 – Minimum of 4 MB/s performance. (Average)
- Class 6 – Minimum of 6 MB/s performance. (Above Average)
- Class 10 – Minimum of 10 MB/s performance. (Fastest)
- UHS-1 (SDXC CARDS) – Speeds up to 104 MB/s.
When it comes to the Canon Powershot SX130 IS, this camera will be able to use any speed. If you want to get the most out of the camera, it would be wise to go with a memory card that is a Class 6 or higher. You will notice a significant difference in how the camera handles when you use the faster cards. This is very evident when taking high quality pictures and video. If you visit the SD Card Association you will see that they recommend a Class 4 or higher card when it comes to shooting High Definition video.
What Size Canon SX130 IS SD/SDHC/SDXC Card Should I Get?
SD, SDHC and SDXC are the three main memory cards that will work in the SX130 IS. When it comes to the type of card used in the camera, it really depends on the amount of storage space that you need. SD Cards are available in 1GB, 2GB and 4GB sizes. SDHC Cards come in 8GB, 16GB and 32GB. SDXC Cards 48GB, 64GB and 128GB.
High capacity cards (SDHC) are the best way to go if you are looking for a great storage option for the SX130 IS. The storage that these cards are able to deliver is outstanding and this is necessary if you are thinking of shooting high quality videos and pictures. Out of the SDHC cards, the 16 and 32GB are the best options available. If you have extra cash, you could consider the SDXC cards. 48 and 64GB cards are a very big storage option and this is why many people opt for these cards, even if they are on the expensive side.
How Much Data Can Hold on a Canon PowerShot SX130 IS Memory Card?
I am sure after reading so much you should know that there are many different memory card sizes out there. I am going to switch my focus now to highlight exactly how much data the memory cards for the Canon Powershot SX130 IS will hold.
**I did the table to offer a visual into how much data can actually be stored on the different memory card sizes. The data I used real world data ESTIMATES for the different categories. The memory cards will be able to hold more or less data, it really depends on a variety of factors.
|Images||Raw||Video: 640X480||Video: 1280X720|
|4GB||1,946||268||43 min||25 min|
|8GB||3,892||536||1 hr 26 min||50 min|
|16GB||7,784||1072||2 hr 52 min||1hr 40 min|
|32GB||15,568||2144||5 hr 42 min||3 hr 20 min|
|48GB||23,352||3216||8 hr 32 min||5 hr|
|64GB||31,136||4288||11 hr 22 min||6 hr 40 min|
Check out the Canon PowerShot SX130 IS Spec Sheet if you want more in-depth data as it relates to how much pictures and video can be stored on the different sized cards.
Best Memory Card for the Canon Powershot SX130 IS
Below are my best memory card picks for the Canon Powershot SX130 IS.
- There were so many different memory card options available for the Canon Powershot SX130 IS; however the best on the market today has got to be the Transcend 32GB SDHC Memory Card. STOP looking around, as this is the best card around. This 32GB card is able to deliver amazing storage space to hold all your pictures and videos. It is also the fastest SDHC memory card, as it is a Class 10. The other great thing about this card is that it does not cost tons of money, unlike its competitors. If you want value for your money and you are looking for a really good memory card to use in your SX130 IS, then this card is certainly it.
- TheTranscend 16GB SDHC Card is a pretty good memory card choice for the SX130 IS. This card won’t hold as much as the 32GB, but it is a pretty inexpensive option for those of you who want storage space, but don’t want to spend a lot. When you purchase this card, you can be sure that you are getting value for your money, as the card will provide exceptional quality and performance.
There is a possibility that your computer/laptop might not be able to read SDHC cards. If you have an older machine, they were generally shipped with SD card readers. These readers would not be able to read the new SDHC format. There is a simple solution to this problem and it would be to get a SDHC card reader for cheap. These readers cost about $15, so it is pretty inexpensive. CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR SDHC READER.