Best Memory Cards for Canon Powershot SD3500 IS
HOLD IT RIGHT HERE! If low prices, amazing deals and more information on the Canon Powershot SD 3500 IS is what you are looking for, then you are in the right place. All that you need to know about the cards can be found here.
CLICK HERE and Save if you have an idea as to what type of memory card you want to use in your camera, then just click to save money.
Canon Powershot SD3500 IS Memory Card Types
Different types of memory cards can be used in the Canon Powershot SD3500 IS. The differences will be looked at below.
- SD Cards – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of images and video.
- SDHC Cards – This memory card format can hold up to 32GB of images and video.
- SDXC Cards – This memory card format can upwards of 48GB of images and video.
- Micro SD (With SD Adapter) – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of images and video.
- Micro SDHC (With SD Adapter) – This memory card that can hold up to 32GB of images and video.
SD SDHC SDXC Differences can be very confusing. These cards are all from the same family, which means they have the same shape and size. The main difference between the three is that their storage capacities are different.
SD cards can hold up to 4GB worth of pictures and video.
SDHC cards can hold up to 32GB worth of pictures and video.
SDXC cards can hold 48GB – 2TB worth of pictures and video.
Other Vital Memory Card Information
There are different memory card sizes but these cards are also available in different speeds. The speed ratings that the cards are available in are there to indicate the speed at which data can be read/written to the memory card. SD and SDHC cards have speed ratings of 2, 4, 6 and 10. SDXC cards speed ratings go from Class 4, 6 and 10. SDXC cards also have another speed rating known as Ultra High Speed (UHS)
- Class 2 – Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. (Slowest)
- Class 4 – Minimum of 4 MB/s performance. (Average)
- Class 6 – Minimum of 6 MB/s performance. (Above Average)
- Class 10 – Minimum of 10 MB/s performance. (Fastest)
- UHS-1 (SDXC CARDS) – Speeds up to 104 MB/s.
The Canon Powershot SD3500 IS is a camera that can use any speed memory card. Our recommendation would be to use the faster cards. Even though the faster cards are more expensive, they will provide better performance, especially when you are taking high quality pictures or HD video. As it relates to HD video, a class 4 or higher card is recommended. See sdcard.org
What Size Canon SD3500 IS SD/SDHC/SDXC Card Should I Get?
The different types of memory cards that can work in the SD3500 IS are SD, SDHC and SDXC. When it comes to the type of card to get for the camera, it will really depend on the amount of storage space that you are looking for. 1GB, 2GB and 4GB are the sizes that SD cards are available in. 8GB, 16GB and 32GB are SDHC. 48GB, 64GB and 128GB are SDXC.
I really think that if you are thinking of getting a memory card for the SD3500 IS, you should go with some of the high capacity cards. The 16 and 32GB SDHC cards are ideal and they will be able to provide all the storage space for your pictures and videos. The SDHC cards are good, but they cannot match the more expensive SDXC cards. If you have the money, then you can opt for the SDXC card as they will hold a lot more pictures and videos.
How Much Data Can Hold on a Canon PowerShot SD3500 IS Memory Card?
Now that you are well aware of the different types of memory cards out there, you can now find out about how much data the Canon Powershot SD3500 IS cards can hold.
**I created the table below as a way to visualize the storage capacity of the many different memory cards out there. All of the data is based on ESTIMATES and the memory cards can actually hold more or less, it really depends on a variety of factors.
|Images||Raw||Video: 640X480||Video: 1280X720|
|4GB||1,946||268||43 min||25 min|
|8GB||3,892||536||1 hr 26 min||50 min|
|16GB||7,784||1072||2 hr 52 min||1hr 40 min|
|32GB||15,568||2144||5 hr 42 min||3 hr 20 min|
|48GB||23,352||3216||8 hr 32 min||5 hr|
|64GB||31,136||4288||11 hr 22 min||6 hr 40 min|
Have a look at the Canon PowerShot SD3500 IS Specification Sheet if you want to find out more about the amount of video and pictures that can hold on the different cards.
Best Memory Card for the Canon Powershot SD3500 IS
Below are my best memory card picks for the Canon Powershot SD3500 IS.
- Out of all the memory cards that can be used in the Canon Powershot SD3500 IS, our #1 recommendation is the Transcend 32GB SDHC Class 10 Card. This is a pretty awesome card, seeing that it is able to deliver storage and speed for a very reasonable cost. With 32GB of storage space, you will be able to take a lot of high quality pictures and videos, without the worry of filling up the card quickly. This SDHC card is a Class 10, so you know it is fast and the performance will be top notch. The price is its biggest selling point, as you get all those great features at an inexpensive price. This is by far the best memory card option for the SD3500 IS.
- The SD3500 IS is an awesome camera and because of that, we recommend the 16GB Transcend SDHC Card for it. What I love about this card is that 16GB is a good amount of storage space for pictures and video. If you will be taking a lot of pictures of video, this is the card to have. The biggest selling point is the fact that the camera is pretty inexpensive and you will not be spending a lot of money for some pretty decent storage space. If you are looking for a quality card that gives good performance, then circle this card on your list.
If you have an older computer/laptop, you might not be able to read SDHC cards. A simple solution to this problem is to get a SDHC card reader. These readers are not expensive and can be purchased for under $15. CLICK HERE TO GET YOUR SDHC READER.