Best Memory Cards for Canon Powershot ELPH 100 HS
STOP RIGHT THERE! For those of you who are on the search for cheap, low prices or even more information on the Canon Powershot ELPH 100 HS, then this is the webpage for you. All the information that you need on this card can be found here.
CLICK HERE and Save if you know the kind of memory card that you want to use in the camera.
Canon Powershot ELPH 100 HS Memory Card Types
The Canon Powershot ELPH 100 HS is a camera that utilize a variety of memory card types. Below, I am going to look at the different types that can work in the device.
- SD Cards – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of images and video.
- SDHC Cards – This memory card format can hold up to 32GB of images and video.
- SDXC Cards – This memory card format can upwards of 48GB of images and video.
- Micro SD (With SD Adapter) – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of images and video.
- Micro SDHC (With SD Adapter) – This memory card that can hold up to 32GB of images and video.
As it relates to SD vs SDHC vs SDXC , there seems to be some amount of confusion. When it comes to these cards, they are really the same thing. The physical dimensions are the same, as well as the size and shape. The main thing that separates them is their storage capacities.
SD cards can hold up to 4GB worth of images and video.
SDHC cards can hold up to 32GB worth of images and video.
SDXC cards can hold 48GB – 2TB worth of images and video.
Other Vital Memory Card Information
We are well aware that there are different sizes of memory cards, but did you know they are also available in different speeds. The speed ratings of the memory cards are divided into different classes; Class 2, 4, 6 and 10. These Class ratings are there to identify the speed at which data can be written/read to and from the memory card. SD and SDHC cards have speed ratings of 2, 4, 6 and 10. SDXC cards speed ratings go from Class 4, 6 and 10. SDXC cards also have another speed rating known as Ultra High Speed (UHS)
- Class 2 – Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. (Slowest)
- Class 4 – Minimum of 4 MB/s performance. (Average)
- Class 6 – Minimum of 6 MB/s performance. (Above Average)
- Class 10 – Minimum of 10 MB/s performance. (Fastest)
- UHS-1 (SDXC CARDS) – Speeds up to 104 MB/s.
Any Speed Class can be used in the Canon Powershot ELPH 100 HS. Our suggestion would be to get one of the faster cards. They are not that expensive and they will be able to deliver exceptional performance for use in the camera, especially if you plan on taking high quality pictures.
For more detailed info on memory card speeds, check out sdcard.org.
How Much Data Can Hold on a Canon PowerShot ELPH 100 HS Memory Card?
If you have an interest in finding out how much data can actually hold on the memory cards for the Canon PowerShot ELPH 100 HS, check out the table below.
**I made the table to present a visual view of how much data can actually be stored on the different sized memory cards. The data that has been used is based on ESTIMATES and the memory card can hold more or less, depending on different settings.
|Images||Raw||Video: 640X480||Video: 1280X720|
|4GB||1,946||268||43 min||25 min|
|8GB||3,892||536||1 hr 26 min||50 min|
|16GB||7,784||1072||2 hr 52 min||1hr 40 min|
|32GB||15,568||2144||5 hr 42 min||3 hr 20 min|
|48GB||23,352||3216||8 hr 32 min||5 hr|
|64GB||31,136||4288||11 hr 22 min||6 hr 40 min|
If you want to find out about the camera settings and how much data the various cards will hold, check out the Canon ELPH 100 HS Specification Sheet.
Best Memory Card for the Canon Powershot ELPH 100 HS
Below are my best memory card picks for the Canon Powershot ELPH 100 HS.
- The Transcend 32GB Class 10 SDHC Card is by far the best memory card option for the Canon Powershot ELPH 100 HS. The reason why I recommend this card is simply because it is able to deliver everything that you need in a memory card. You are getting tons of storage space, a Class 10 card (the fastest) and also one that is very inexpensive. There is no card on the market today that offers that combination. This card will perform very well in the camera and you will definitely be getting value for your money. If you want a card for the ELPH 100 HS, then this is it.
- If you are looking for an inexpensive, yet high capacity storage card for the SD1300 IS, then the 16GB Transcend SDHC Card is an excellent choice. This storage card is able to deliver excellent storage space, even though it is half the size of the 32GB card. You will be able to store all your videos and pictures with no problem. Why I love this card is that it is very inexpensive, especially for the amount of storage space it can deliver. Another great thing is that this particular card will provide quality and performance as it is made by Transcend.
If you have a SDHC card, then you might need a compatible reader. A lot of the newer laptops/computers will be able to read the SDHC format, but many of the older ones won’t. If you have one of the older machines, then you need to check to see if the SDHC cards will be recognized. A SDHC card reader is a pretty good option to read these new card formats. You Can Get SDHC Card Readers Here.