Best Memory Cards for the Blackberry Tour 9630
If you are looking for low prices, great deals or info on the Blackberry Tour 9630 Memory Card, then you are definitely in the right place. Everything you want to know about the memory card can be found here.
If you own a Tour 9630 and you already know what type of memory card you need for it, then you should Check Out Our Memory Card Selection Now!.
Blackberry Tour 9630 Memory Card Types
- Micro SD – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of music, video, movies and pictures.
- Micro SDHC– This memory card that can hold up to 32GB of music, video, movies and pictures.
Many people want to know what is the difference between MicroSD and MicroSDHC cards, since they seem to be the same thing. To make things clearer, these two memory cards are essentially the same. They have the same shape, size and also physical dimensions. The main thing that separates these cards from each other is the fact that the maximum storage space for each card is different.
Micro SD cards can hold up to 4GB worth of music, video, movies and pictures.
Micro SDHC cards can hold up to 32GB worth of music, video, movies and pictures.
Other Vital Memory Card Information
Memory Cards not only come in different storage sizes, but they can also be purchased based off speed. All memory cards have a speed rating. The speed ratings are Class 2, 4, 6 and 10. Those classes are there to indicate the speed at which data can be read/written to the card.
- Class 2 – Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. (Slowest)
- Class 4 – Minimum of 4 MB/s performance. (Average)
- Class 6 – Minimum of 6 MB/s performance. (Above Average)
- Class 10 – Minimum of 10 MB/s performance. (Fastest)
When it comes to the Tour 9630, any speed memory card will work with it. The slower memory card such as the Class 2, will work perfectly in the phone. The disadvantage with the slower cards will be noticed when data is being transferred. It may take a long time, as opposed to when you are using the faster cards.
Do I Need a Memory Card for My Blackberry Tour 9630?
When you buy a Blackberry Tour 9630, it will usually come with one of the smaller sized memory cards, such as the 1GB or 2GB. if you have plans on using the Blackberry to take pictures and videos, or you want to store movies and music on it, then you will require a much bigger memory card.
What Size Blackberry Tour 9630 Micro SD/SDHC Card Should I Get?
When it comes to the Blackberry Tour 9630, there are so many different sized memory cards that can be used in the phone. The size that you get, will depend on how you plan on utilizing the device. You can get memory cards in sizes such as 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB.
In my opinion, when it comes to the Tour 9630, I really think you should go with a 8GB, 16GB or 32GB MicroSDHC card. These memory cards offer a lot of storage and you will be able to keep all your files on the phone with no problems.
How Much Data Can Hold on a Blackberry Tour 9630 Memory Card?
If you are interested in trying to find out how much data these memory cards for the Blackberry Tour can hold, then you need to have a look on the table below.
**The table below was done to show a visual as it relates to memory card storage space. I utilized ESTIMATES so you can a visual view into how much data these memory cards can use. The memory cards will be able to hold more or less, depending on different factors.
Best Micro SD/SDHC Memory Card for the Blackberry Tour 9630
- The card we love the most for the Tour 9630 is the Sandisk 32GB MicroSDHC. What I love about this particular card is that it is able to provide the phone with a huge amount of storage space. It does not cost a lot of money, so you will be getting a lot of memory space, for a relatively low cost. If you plan on saving a lot of data to the phone, then this is a definite must have item.We really love this card, but because it is the bare minimum (that’s why it is so cheap), it does not have a SD adapter. If you really want a 32GB with a SD adapter, then you need to check out this 32GB Sandisk Card.
- The next card we love for this phone is the Transcend 32GB MicroSDHC. This is another high capacity storage card that is also a quality product. 32GB is a lot of storage space, so if you want your data with you on the phone, then this is the way to go. When it comes to performance, this card is pretty good and this is because Transcend makes some of the best memory cards out there. The final thing I like about this card, is that it comes with a SD adapter.
- Transcend is on the list once again, with their 16GB MicroSDHC offering. This is not as much space as the 32GB, but it is still enough to hold whatever you can think of. This card is better for people who are looking at the price, as it does not cost as much as the 32. As usual, this is a high performance card, so you know it will be working like a charm in the Tour.
- The 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC Memory Card is also another very good option for the Blackberry Tour. It is more than enough storage space to keep all your movies, pictures, videos and music. There is no need to worry about performance issues, as it is a quality card, from a quality manufacturer.
**If the sizes or prices are not your cup of tea, then there are also smaller sized memory cards available. If you have an interest, then have a look at the Memory Card offering on Amazon.com.
When it comes to the SDHC cards, you should be aware that the older laptops/computers will generally have SD card readers. These readers won’t be able to read the SDHC cards and this can be problematic for you. If you happen to have just a regular SD reader, then you need to get yourself one that can read SDHC cards. These devices can be purchased for under $15, so you won’t have to break the bank to get one. If You Want One Click Here to Get Your SDHC Reader.