If you are looking for low prices, great deals or info on the Blackberry Curve 8530 Memory Card, then you have ended up in the right place. All the information you need to know about memory cards can be found here.
If you own a Blackberry Curve 8530 and you have an idea as to what card you need, then Have a Look at a Really Good Memory Card Selection!.
Blackberry Curve 8530 Memory Card Types
The Blackberry Curve 8530 has the ability to use 2 different kinds of memory cards.
- Micro SD – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of music, video, movies and pictures.
- Micro SDHC– This memory card that can hold up to 32GB of music, video, movies and pictures.
When it comes to the differences between the MicroSD and MicroSDHC cards, many people seem to be confused. These two card formats are really the same thing. They have the same shape and size. What differentiates them is that they are able to store different amounts of data.
Micro SD cards can hold up to 4GB worth of music, video, movies and pictures.
Micro SDHC cards can hold up to 32GB worth of music, video, movies and pictures.
Other Vital Memory Card Information
Memory cards will also be available in different card speeds. Class 2, 4, 6 and 10 are the 4 speed ratings that memory cards have. The purpose of the Speed Class Ratings is to indicate the speed at which data can be read/written to the card.
- Class 2 – Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. (Slowest)
- Class 4 – Minimum of 4 MB/s performance. (Average)
- Class 6 – Minimum of 6 MB/s performance. (Above Average)
- Class 10 – Minimum of 10 MB/s performance. (Fastest)
Any speed memory card will work in the Curve 8530. The slower cards are much cheaper than the faster ones, so that is their benefit. The disadvantage of the slower cards is that the transferring of data will take longer with slower cards, as opposed to the faster ones.
A more detailed look at memory card speeds can be found at the Sdcard.org
Do I Need a Memory Card for My Blackberry Curve 8530?
Many people ask us if they need to increase the amount of memory for their 8530. Blackberry Curve 8530’s usually ship with a 1GB or 2GB card. This card size may be enough for people, but if you plan to take a lot of videos, photos or play music or videos, then you will probably need a bigger card.
What Size Blackberry Tour 9630 Micro SD/SDHC Card Should I Get?
There are so many different card sizes that can be used in the Curve 8530. 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB are the different sized MicroSD and MicroSDHC cards that are available. I always tell people to go with the higher capacity cards such as a. 8GB, 16GB or 32GB MicroSDHC card. These memory cards are not very expensive and they will provide more than enough storage space to hold all your data.
How Much Data Can Hold on a Blackberry Curve 8530 Memory Card?
If you want to visualize the amount of data that can hold on the Blackberry 8530, then take a look on the table below.
**The table was created to give an idea as to how much data each memory card can store. The numbers were based on ESTIMATES, which means the cards can hold more or less, depending on a variety of factors.
Best Micro SD/SDHC Memory Card for the Blackberry Curve 8530
- By far the Sandisk 32GB MicroSDHC is the biggest and best card out there for the Curve 8530. This memory card has a great amount of storage space and this makes it perfect for saving whatever data you may want to bring along on your phone.For a card this size, it is relatively cheap. What makes it so low cost is that it comes in bulk packaging. Price wise this is pretty good, the only negative is that it does not come with a SD adapter. If you need a 32GB card with a SD adapter, then you can have a look on this other 32GB Sandisk Card.
- If there is one card that we love for the Blackberry 8530, it has to be Transcend 32GB MicroSDHC . This card is able to deliver a lot of storage space and it is the perfect option when it comes carrying your music, photos, videos and movies with you on the go. Transcend has a very good reputation for making quality products, so you know with a card like this you will be getting excellent performance. One more thing I like about this card is that it ships with a SD adapter.
- If you are looking for less storage space, then the 16GB Transcend MicroSDHC Card is another card we highly recommend. This card is smaller than the 32GB, yet it still has ample storage space. When you go down to a card this size, the price is also reduced drastically. This is a pretty good cheap memory card option for your mobile phone.
- A great inexpensive memory card choice for the Cruve 8530 has definitely got to be the 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC. This card has everything going for it, as it is cheap, has a lot of storage space and offers great performance. This is a Sandisk card, so you know you will be getting a quality product. This is well worth the money and an excellent memory card option.
** Check Amazon.com if you want access to smaller capacity cards at lower prices.
- Please ensure that your computer/laptop has the ability to read SDHC cards. If it cannot, they you can spend the money and get a SDHC card reader. This does not cost a lot of money. You Can Get One Here for under $15.
- For some of the older Blackberry’s, some of them are unable to read certain MicroSDHC card sizes. Please have a look to find out whatcard works with what firmware.