Best Memory Cards for the Blackberry Curve 8520
STOP! If you have been searching all over for really low prices, amazing deals more detailed info on the
Blackberry Curve 8520 Memory Card, then no need to search no more as you are in the right place. Everything that you need to know about memory card for this phone can be found here.
If you own a Blackberry Curve 8520 and you have an idea as to what card you need, then Have a Look at a Really Good Memory Card Selection!.
Blackberry Curve 8520 Memory Card Types
The Blackberry Curve 8520 uses two different types of memory cards.
- Micro SD – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of music, video, movies and pictures.
- Micro SDHC– This memory card that can hold up to 32GB of music, video, movies and pictures.
There seems to be some amount of confusion as it relates to the differences that exist between the MicroSD and MicroSDHC cards. To make things a bit clearer, these cards are essentially the same thing. They have the same physical dimensions, shape and size. What really separates them from each other is that they are able to hold different amounts of data.
Micro SD cards can hold up to 4GB worth of music, video, movies and pictures.
Micro SDHC cards can hold up to 32GB worth of music, video, movies and pictures.
Other Vital Memory Card Information
Aside from different sizes, memory cards also have different speeds. Class 2, 4, 6 and 10 are the 4 speed ratings that memory cards are available in. The use of the Speed Class Ratings is there to show how quickly data can be read/written to the card.
- Class 2 – Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. (Slowest)
- Class 4 – Minimum of 4 MB/s performance. (Average)
- Class 6 – Minimum of 6 MB/s performance. (Above Average)
- Class 10 – Minimum of 10 MB/s performance. (Fastest)
When looking at a memory card for the Curve 8520, you should be aware that any speed will be able to work perfectly in the phone. Slower cards have the advantage of costing less and this is a good thing for people who are looking to save money. The disadvantage to using these slower speed cards will be seeing when transferring data. The data transfer would take a longer time with slower cards as opposed to the faster ones.
A more detailed look at memory card speeds can be found at the Sdcard.org
Do I Need a Memory Card for My Blackberry Curve 8520?
One of the questions we get a lot from people is if there is need to buy a memory card for the 8520 Curve. Usually the Blackberry Curve 8520 will ship with a 1 or 2GB card. These cards are pretty small, especially if you plan on storing a lot of photos, videos, music and movies. A bigger card will be necessary if you plan on doing all of that.
What Size Blackberry Curve 8520 Micro SD/SDHC Card Should I Get?
There are so many different sized memory cards that can be used in the 8520. The Curve uses 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB MicroSD and MicroSDHC cards. My recommendation to people is to go with memory cards that are of a high capacity. 8GB, 16GB or 32GB MicroSDHC cards are the perfect choice to use inside this Blackberry. You get a lot of storage space to hold all your data files and the good thing is that these cards are relatively inexpensive.
How Much Data Can Hold on a Blackberry Curve 8520 Memory Card?
If you are curious to find out how much data can be stored on the Blackberry Curve 8520 memory card, then check out the table below.
**I did the table as a way to show whole much data can actually be stored on the different sized memory cards. The numbers that are used for each file size was ESTIMATED. This means that the memory cards will be able to hold more or less data, depending on different factors.
Best Micro SD/SDHC Memory Card for the Blackberry Curve 8520
- By far the Sandisk 32GB MicroSDHC is the biggest and best card out there for the Curve 8520. This memory card has a great amount of storage space and this makes it perfect for saving whatever data you may want to bring along on your phone.
For a card this size, it is relatively cheap. What makes it so low cost is that it comes in bulk packaging. Price wise this is pretty good, the only negative is that it does not come with a SD adapter. If you need a 32GB card with a SD adapter, then you can have a look on this other 32GB Sandisk Card.
- The Transcend 32GB MicroSDHC is our #2 choice for the Curve 8520. With 32GB worth of storage space, you will be able to hold all your videos, pictures, movies and music with no problems. This is a quality card from an excellent manufacturer, so you will not have to worry about the performance of this product. The great thing about this card that makes it a bit better than the SanDisk above, is that it comes with a SD Adapter.
- If you are looking for less storage space, then the 16GB Transcend MicroSDHC Card is another card we highly recommend. This card is smaller than the 32GB, yet it still has ample storage space. When you go down to a card this size, the price is also reduced drastically. This is a pretty good cheap memory card option for your mobile phone.
- If you want a nice card that is inexpensive for the Curve 8520, then the 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC Memory Card is a pretty good option. This is a quality card, as SanDisk has a reputation for making really good products. When it comes to storage, 16GB is enough to hold all the data for your phone and it is also a very cheap option.
**If you are on the hunt for smaller sized memory cards, that do not cost a lot of money, then you need to take a look at what is being offered from Amazon.com.
- Before you buy a SDHC card for you, you really need to make sure that your computer/laptop can read it. A lot of these older devices do not have the ability to read SDHC cards, as they usually have SD card readers. If you are one of those people whose computer only has a SD reader, then you can always get yourself a cheap SDHC reader. You Can Get One Here for under $15.
- If you have not updated the firmware on your Blackberry Curve 8520, then the device might not be able to read certain microSDHC sizes. Please take a look to see what size card works with what firmware.