Best Memory Cards for the Blackberry Curve 3G
Hold It Right There! If you are one of those persons who are on the hunt for really cheap prices, outrageous deals are just more information on the Blackberry Curve 3G Memory Card, then no need to look around anymore as you have ended up in the right place. Everything that you need to know about memory card for this phone can be found here.
If you own a Blackberry Curve 3G and already know what card you want, then Have a Look at a Really Good Memory Card Selection!.
Blackberry Curve 3G Memory Card Types
The Blackberry Curve 3G has the ability to use two different kinds of memory cards.
- Micro SD – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of pictures, video, movies and music.
- Micro SDHC– This memory card that can hold up to 32GB of pictures, video, movies and music.
When it comes to the differences between MicroSD and MicroSDHC cards, there seems a bit some level of confusion. To make things clearer, these two memory cards are basically the same thing. They both have the same shape, size and physical dimensions. The main thing that is able to separate them from each other is that they have different maximum size capacities.
Micro SD cards can hold up to 4GB worth of pictures, video, movies and music.
Micro SDHC cards can hold up to 32GB worth of pictures, video, movies and music.
Other Vital Memory Card Information
Memory cards come in different sizes, but they can also have different speeds. The speed class ratings that are available for these memory cards are Class 2, 4, 6 and 10. The use of the speed class rating is there to indicate how quickly data can be written/read to the card.
- Class 2 – Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. (Slowest)
- Class 4 – Minimum of 4 MB/s performance. (Average)
- Class 6 – Minimum of 6 MB/s performance. (Above Average)
- Class 10 – Minimum of 10 MB/s performance. (Fastest)
if you are looking at purchasing a memory card for the Curve 3G, you should know that any speed will work in the phone. The big advantage in using the slower cards is that they cost less money. Faster cards have the advantage of being able to transfer data between. If you are planning on moving a lot of data, you will really notice the difference between the slower and faster memory cards.
A more detailed look at memory card speeds can be found at the Sdcard.org
Do I Need a Memory Card for My Blackberry Curve 3G?
If there is one question that we get a lot, is people trying to find out if they need to get a memory card for their cell phone. As it relates to the Blackberry Curve 3G, this will come packaged with a 1 or 2 GB memory card. Generally speaking, these memory cards are pretty smart and they will not be able to store a lot of music, pictures, videos or movies. If you are planning to the store a lot of data on your phone, you will definitely need a bigger memory card.
What Size Blackberry Curve 8520 Micro SD/SDHC Card Should I Get?
When it comes to memory cards to be used in the Curve 3G, there are just so many different options available. This Blackberry phone has the ability to use MicroSD and MicroSDHC cards in sizes such as 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32G. If you want or recommendation, we always tell people that they should go with higher capacity memory cards. 8GB, 16GB or 32GB MicroSDHC cards are the ideal choice to use inside this Blackberry. With cards these sizes, you will be able to get a lot of storage space, which means you’ll be able to carry all your important data with you on the go. Another good thing is that these cards do not cost that much money.
How Much Data Can Hold on a Blackberry Curve 3G Memory Card?
Check out the table below if you want to find out how much data can be stored on the different sized memory cards for the Blackberry Curve 3G.
**I decided to do with the table because I wanted to give a visual as the how much data can really be stored on the different card sizes. The data used in the table was based on ESTIMATES. Memory cards will be able to hold more/less, depending on different factors.
Best Micro SD/SDHC Memory Card for the Blackberry Curve 3G
- If you are looking to increase the storage space of your Curve 3G, then one of the best cards available is the Sandisk 32GB MicroSDHC. This card does it all. It is able to provide all the storage space that you need, as well as delivering excellent performance. If you want value for your money, then this memory card is a definite must have.This particular card is bulk packaging and as a result of that, it will not come with a SD adapter. If you really need a 32GB card with a SD adapter, then you can have a look on this others 32GB Sandisk Card.
- #2 on the list is the Transcend 32GB MicroSDHC. This card will be able to provide 32GB of storage space, more than enough to hold all your photos, music, videos and so much more. Transcend is one of the better memory card manufacturers out there, so you can be sure that you will be getting a quality product that performs well. Another thing that sold us on this card is the fact that it is packaged with a SD adapter.
- The 16GB Transcend MicroSDHC Card is another great option for the Curve 3G. Even though it is ½ the size of the 32GB, it is still a lot of storage space for all of your data. This card is also a pretty good option, as it does not cost that much. For those people who do not want to pay the money for the 32GB, then this is definitely a good option.
- Another cheap and quality option for the Curve 3G is the 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC Memory Card. This is a SanDisk memory card, so you know you will be getting a card that will deliver performance and is quality. This 16GB card is pretty cheap and it is a good option for those of you who are looking for a lot of storage space for the phone.
**If the different memory cards we mentioned above are too big or too expensive, then there are a bunch of different sized memory cards that are available. If you would like to find out more on them, then take a look at the Memory Cards that are offered on Amazon.com.
- A lot of the older laptops/computers come with SD card readers. This means that they will only be able to read SD cards and not SDHC. This can be a problem, especially if you are planning on getting the newer memory card format. The solution to this problem is very simple, as all you need to do is buy a SDHC card reader. This doesn’t cost a lot of money. If You Want One, Click Here to Get Your SDHC Reader.
- If you have not updated the firmware on your Blackberry Curve 3G, then the device might not be able to read certain microSDHC sizes. Please take a look to see what size card works with what firmware.