Best Memory Cards for the Blackberry Bold 9700
You are definitely on the right website, if you are trying to find a memory card for the Blackberry Bold 9700. For those of you are confused as to what cards work in the device or which one to get, then this is the best resource out there.
If you have a Bold 9700 and you know they types of memory you need for it, then Check Out the Memory Cards Now!.
Memory Card Types the Phone Uses
If you have a Blackberry Bold 9700, then this phone will be able to use 2 different types of memory cards. I’m going to have a look at the ones that can be used in the phone.
- Micro SD – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of movies, music, pictures and video.
- Micro SDHC– This memory card that can hold up to 32GB of movies, music, pictures and video.
As it relates to the differences between the MicroSD and MicroSDHC cards, there seems to be some amount of confusion. To clear things up, these two cards are the same thing, as they have the same physical dimensions, shape and size. What separates the two cards from each other is that their maximum storage space is different.
Micro SD cards can hold up to 4GB worth of movies, music, pictures and video.
Micro SDHC cards can hold up to 32GB worth of movies, music, pictures and video.
Other Vital Memory Card Information
Another point you need to consider when it comes to memory cards is that they also come in a variety of speeds. Class 2, 4, 6 and 10 are 4 of the different memory card speed ratings. The reason why speed ratings exist is because they are there to show how quickly data can be read/written to and from the card.
- Class 2 – Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. (Slowest)
- Class 4 – Minimum of 4 MB/s performance. (Average)
- Class 6 – Minimum of 6 MB/s performance. (Above Average)
- Class 10 – Minimum of 10 MB/s performance. (Fastest)
Any speed memory card will be able to work in the Bold 9700. Some people wonder if the Class 2 will work. A Class 2 will function perfectly, the only problem is that you may notice a longer copying time when moving data. The slower cards are cheaper, so that is one benefit in using them.
Do I Need a Memory Card for the 9700?
The Blackberry Bold 9700 usually comes packaged with a 2GB card. If you will be using your phone to take a lot of videos and pictures, or you want to store things such as movies and music, then you will certainly need to get a big memory card.
What Size Card Should I Get?
There are so many different types of memory cards that can be used in the Bold 9700. The size that you get for the phone really depends on how you think you will be using the device. 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB are just some of the sizes that these memory cards will be available in.
For the Bold 9700, I think you should go with an 8GB, 16GB or 32GB MicroSDHC card. These cards all offer different storage capacities, but they all have enough to store all the data files you generate with ease.
How Much Data Can Hold on a Blackberry Bold 9700 SD Card?
So you want to know how much data these memory cards can hold, then check out the table below.
**The table below was done to show a visual as it relates to memory card storage space. I utilized ESTIMATES so you can a visual view into how much data these memory cards can use. The memory cards will be able to hold more or less, depending on different factors.
Best Micro SD/SDHC Memory Card to Get?
- Our #1 option for the Bold 9700 is the Sandisk 32GB MicroSDHC. I absolutely love this card for the phone, seeing that it is able to provide exceptional storage space, all at a really low price. If you store a lot of data, then this is definitely the card to use. SanDisk has a very good reputation for making quality products, so you will definitely be getting a high performing product. Even though we rate this card so high, this particular model does not come with a SD Adapter. This can suck if you plan on using the card elsewhere. If you want a 32GB with a SD adapter, then you need to have a look on this 32GB Sandisk Card.
- Our #2 card is the 32GB Transcend MicroSDHC. This is a really great storage option for the Atrix, simply because it is able to hold so much data. Transcend cards are solid and you can be sure that you will be getting your money’s worth. This is definitely one of the best options out there for a card this size. Another great thing about this card is that it also comes with a SD Adapter.
- Our #3 memory card option is the 16GB Transcend MicroSDHC. What I really like about this card is that it has a good amount of storage space, and it does not cost much. 32GB can hold a lot, but 16 GB is still a decent size. When it comes to performance, this card passes all the tests. Transcend makes quality products and they have a reputation for making cards that perform well.
- When it comes to the Blackberry Bold 9700, one of the cards that I like is the 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC Memory Card. This is an inexpensive storage device and it will be able to store all the data you will need on the phone. This is a Class 2 card and it should work perfectly in the Atrix. This is a quality card and you will not have to worry about performance issues.
**If the prices of these higher cards are out of your range, there are smaller sizes available. If you have an interest, then take look at the Memory Card selection that can be found at Amazon.com.
You should be aware that some of the older computers/laptops have SD card readers and this means that they will not be able to read SD cards. If you have an older reader, then your best option would be to buy a SDHC card reader. These devices do not cost a lot of money and you can get them for less than $15. Click Here to Get Your SDHC Reader.