Best Memory Cards for the Blackberry Bold 9650
If you are on the hunt for low priced memory cards for the Blackberry Bold 9650, then you are in the right place. For those of you who don’t know what type of memory card will work in the phone, or which one you should purchase, then you are on the right webpage. Everything you want to know will be explained below.
For those of you who already know they type of memory cards you want, and just want low prices, then CHECK OUT Our Memory Card Collection Now!.
Blackberry Bold 9650 Memory Card Types
The Blackberry Bold 9650 has the ability to use 2 different types of memory cards. I am going to look at the ones that can be used in the phone below.
- Micro SD – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of pictures, video, music and movies.
- Micro SDHC– This memory card that can hold up to 32GB of pictures, video, music and movies.
There is some amount of confusion when it comes to the differences between MicroSDHC and MicroSD cards. These two memory cards are essentially the same thing, as they have the same shape and size. The difference between the two occurs, when you look at the amount of data that each card can hold.
Micro SD cards can hold up to 4GB worth of pictures, video, music and movies.
Micro SDHC cards can hold up to 32GB worth of pictures, video, music and movies.
Other Vital Memory Card Information
You will be able to purchase memory cards in different storage sizes, but memory cards also come in different speeds. The 4 different ratings for memory cards are Class 2, 4, 6 and 10. These speed class ratings are really there to show you how much data can be read/written to the memory card.
- Class 2 – Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. (Slowest)
- Class 4 – Minimum of 4 MB/s performance. (Average)
- Class 6 – Minimum of 6 MB/s performance. (Above Average)
- Class 10 – Minimum of 10 MB/s performance. (Fastest)
When it comes to the Bold 9650, any speed memory card will be able to work in the phone. The class two memory cards are the cheapest and you will definitely get value for your money. The negative with using some of these slower memory cards, is that they take a longer time to transfer data, as opposed to the faster cards.
Do I Need a Memory Card for My Blackberry Bold 9650?
The Blackberry Bold 9650 comes shipped with a 2GB MicroSD memory card. This memory card will be able to provide enough storage space for the casual user. If you plan on storing all your music, as well as taking a lot of pictures and videos, then a bigger memory card is in order.
Bold 9650 Micro SD/SDHC Card Should I Get?
When it comes to the Bold 9650, there are just so many different memory card options that are available. If you’re considering a memory card size, you really need to look at how you will be using the phone. Options include 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB.
If you plan on storing a lot of data on the Blackberry, then you really need to go for one of the bigger memory cards such as the 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB. these cards will be able to provide you with enough storage space to keep everything you need for your phone.
How Much Data Can Hold on a Blackberry Bold 9650 Memory Card?
Ok, now that we have taken care of all the technical mumbo-jumbo for memory cards, and I want to show you how much data these cards will be able to hold.
**The table below is really there to give of fish are as it relates to how much data can hold on these memory cards. The data that I use in the table are really based on ESTIMATES. The memory cards available hold more or less, depending on a variety of factors.
Best Micro SD/SDHC Memory Card for the Blackberry Bold 9650
- Our #1 choice is the Sandisk 32GB MicroSDHC, simply because it is one of the best memory card options on the market. This is a high performance card that will be able to deliver the storage space that you need for your mobile phone. The cards from SanDisk are high quality and just based off their reputation, you know you are getting a quality card. The one thing I don’t like about this particular card is that even though it is cheap, it does not have a SD Adapter. If you need a SD adapter, then you can have a look on this 32GB Sandisk Card.
- The 32GB Transcend MicroSDHC is another great high storage card. What I love about this card is that it is a really good storage option for the Bold 9650. If you are worried about bad quality cards, then this is not one of them. Transcend makes quality cards and it is one of the best on the market. This is a pretty cool card that also comes with a SD Adapter.
- Our #3 pick is the Transcend 16GB MicroSDHC. We put this on our list, simply because you are getting a card that has ample storage space, as well as one that deliver excellent performance. This card is ½ the size of the ones we mentioned above, however it will be all that you should need, especially if you think 32GB is too much.
- The Sandisk 16GB MicroSDHC Memory Card is a great cheap option for those of you who are looking to increase storage space. 16GB should be more than enough space to store your music, pictures and videos. It is a Class 2 card and it will work like a charm in the 9650. This card performs very well, so there is no need to worry about it performing badly.
**Smaller sized memory cards are available at really low prices. If you are interested, then check out the great selection that can be found at Amazon.com.
If you’re thinking about getting a MicroSDHC memory card for the phone, you need to check to make sure that your computer/laptop does not have a regular SD card reader. These readers will only be able to read SD cards and not SDHC ones. If you happen to have one of the older readers, then you can spend the money and get yourself a usb card reader that can read SDHC. They do not cost a lot of money and you can get one for under $15. Click Here to Get Your SDHC Reader.