Best Memory Cards for the Motorola Atrix
You are certainly in the right place, if you are looking to get great deals or more information on memory cards for the Motorola Atrix. You will be able to find out just about everything you need to know about these memory cards, as well as save yourself some money in the process.
If you already know the type of memory card that you want and just want the low prices, then you might as well Start Saving Money Now!.
Motorola Atrix Memory Card Types
The Motorola Atrix can utilize 2 different memory card types. Below, I am going to have a look at the ones that can be used in the phone.
- Micro SD – This memory card format can hold up to 4GB of pictures, videos, music and movies.
- Micro SDHC– This memory card that can hold up to 32GB of pictures, videos, music and movies.
There seems to be some amount of confusion when it comes to MicroSD and MicroSDHC cards. To clear up some of the confusion, these cards are essentially the same thing. They have the same shape, size and physical dimensions. The main difference between the two is that they have different maximum storage capacities.
Micro SD cards can hold up to 4GB worth of pictures, videos, music and movies.
Micro SDHC cards can hold up to 32GB worth of pictures, videos, music and movies.
Other Vital Memory Card Information
Aside from having different storage sizes, memory cards also have different speed ratings. Class 2, 4, 6 and 10 are the four speed ratings. The Speed Class Ratings are there to indicate how quickly data can be written/read to the various memory cards.
- Class 2 – Minimum of 2 MB/s performance. (Slowest)
- Class 4 – Minimum of 4 MB/s performance. (Average)
- Class 6 – Minimum of 6 MB/s performance. (Above Average)
- Class 10 – Minimum of 10 MB/s performance. (Fastest)
For those of you who are thinking about getting a Motorola Atrix, then you should be aware that any class will work in the phone. The slower cards have the benefit of costing less. The downside to slow cards is that you will notice a significant speed difference when transferring data, especially when you have large amounts of data.
Do I Need a Memory Card for My Motorola Atrix?
Generally, the Atrix is shipped with a memory card. The memory card that comes with the phone is one of the smaller capacities (1GB, 2GB and 4GB). If you are going to fully utilize your phone, then you are going to certainly need a bigger memory card. For those of you who will be taking a lot of video and pictures, as well as those who have a big music/movie collection, then you really need to consider a 8GB, 16GB or 32GB card.
What Size Motorola Atrix Micro SD/SDHC Card Should I Get?
There are a variety of different sized memory cards that can be used in the Atrix. What size you get really depends on how you plan to use the phone. Memory cards are available in different sizes such as 1GB, 2GB, 4GB, 8GB, 16GB and 32GB.
If you have the Motorola Atrix and are looking for the ideal memory card size, then the best option is to go with the 8GB, 16GB or 32GB card models. These memory card sizes are just right and you should have enough space when it comes to storing your movie/music collection, as well as all of the videos and pictures you will be taking.
How Much Data Can Hold on a Motorola Atrix Memory Card?
Ok with all of the technical stuff out of the way, I can now highlight how much data these memory cards can actually hold.
**The table is there to give a visual as to how much data can fit on the different sized memory cards. The data sizes are all ESTIMATED, all based off real world samples.
Best Micro SD/SDHC Memory Card for the Motorola Atrix
- The Sandisk 32GB MicroSDHC is really the best memory card option out there, when it comes to the Motorola Atrix. This is an amazing card and it will be in a position to provide all of the storage space you will need. SanDisk cards are some of the best quality memory cards on the market today, so you know you will be getting a good product. The one negative with this card is that it does not come with a SD adapter. If you want a 32GB with a SD adapter, then you need to have a look on this 32GB Sandisk Card.
- Our #2 card is the 32GB Transcend MicroSDHC. This is a really great storage option for the Atrix, simply because it is able to hold so much data. Transcend cards are solid and you can be sure that you will be getting your money’s worth. This is definitely one of the best options out there for a card this size. Another great thing about this card is that it also comes with a SD Adapter.
- What bows in at #3 is the Transcend 16GB MicroSDHC. This card has considerable amount of storage space and the good thing about it is that it does not cost a lot of money. Even though not as big as the 32GB, you will still be able to hold all your data on their. This is a quality card, as Transcend is known to make quality products.
- When it comes to the Motorola Atrix, one of the cards that I like is the 16GB Sandisk MicroSDHC Memory Card. This is an inexpensive storage device and it will be able to store all the data you will need on the phone. This is a Class 2 card and it should work perfectly in the Atrix. This is a quality card and you will not have to worry about performance issues.
**Smaller sized memory cards are available at really low prices. If you are interested, then check out the great selection that can be found at Amazon.com.
You should be aware that some of the older computers/laptops have SD card readers and this means that they will not be able to read SD cards. If you have an older reader, then your best option would be to buy a SDHC card reader. These devices do not cost a lot of money and you can get them for less than $15. Click Here to Get Your SDHC Reader.